We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure Options for La Fortuna/ Arenal then Monteverde

Level Contributor
34 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Adventure Options for La Fortuna/ Arenal then Monteverde

We are pretty active and adventurous but want to see the most amazing picturesque sites in these two areas as well. Staying in La Fortuna for two days and nights then Monteverde for one day and night.

Thinking about this as a plan but would appreciate best of the area advice or suggestions.

In La Fortuna/ Arenal area- Canyoning and hanging bridges or rafting, visiting hot springs possibly and for sure Arenal observation area one evening (are the hanging bridges in this area or Monteverde?

In Monteverde we will arrive around noon and leave the next morning ;-( We were thinking of a Monteverde cloud forest hike or tour of some sort and then a nocturnal tour/hike.

We will be hitting Mal Pais and then Manuel Antonio for the rest of our trip so if ziplining is better around MA then maybe we will just do it there.

Thanks!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,084 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventure Options for La Fortuna/ Arenal then Monteverde

I would suggest you do the hanging bridges and any canopy tours in Monteverde. company in the area is Skytrek for that - www.skyadventures.travel/index/index.html

In Arenal area the best river is the Toro, class 3 -4 . The best tour provider IMO for the area is Desafio - http://www.desafiocostarica.com/

I suggest you look into Rio Celeste if you want something different and truly memorable - PICS - http://bit.ly/d3eX1U A chemical reaction from the volcano turns the water an unbelievable blue.

Good Travels

Cheers

Inca

I travel, therefore I am...

Edited: 1:30 am, February 05, 2010
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,497 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adventure Options for La Fortuna/ Arenal then Monteverde

Inca just give you some great advice!

roadadvisor

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
343 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adventure Options for La Fortuna/ Arenal then Monteverde

For hiking and wildlife you can have a look at: www.tarabatours.com

Excellent guideded tours

For adventure: www.desafiocostarica.com and www.skytrek.com

Maybe Venado Caves

4. Re: Adventure Options for La Fortuna/ Arenal then Monteverde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...