We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice hotel in arenal/la fortuna

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
orlando
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
nice hotel in arenal/la fortuna

we were thinking about staying at the tree houses hotel, but decided that we might want a place with a little more amnenities just in case it rains and we have nothing to do. (we are going in october) we were also considering a place with a pool/hot tub with views of the volcano and perhaps a restuarant and bar in the hotel.

there are SOO many options. any suggestions?

our price range is in the 100-150. only staying 2 nights. of course we are not opposed to staying at cheaper places :)

thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,244 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice hotel in arenal/la fortuna

Some options...Silencio del Campo...Los Lagos...Arenal Paraiso...Montana de Fuego...El Sesteo...Hotel La Fortuna...Arenal lodge...

roadadvisor

orlando
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: nice hotel in arenal/la fortuna

thank you for your options! Los Logos looks awesome! epsecially with the hot springs right there.

how do these hot springs compare to tabacon and baldi and the like?

do you think Los Logos will be really crowded in october? i hear that tabacon can get really crowded and i would like to avoid big crowds if possible.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,925 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice hotel in arenal/la fortuna

Also Check Nayara...Beautiful

orlando
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: nice hotel in arenal/la fortuna

i do kind of like the idea of having the hot springs at your hotel, with a view of the volcano.

that's a nice bonus to have after a long day of adventure to not have to worry about getting a taxi or transport to the springs.

with that in mind....

tabacon vs los logos vs termales del bosque

thank you everyone for your contribution, advice, and help.

ps. nayara looked beautiful but is a bit out of my price range.

orlando
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: nice hotel in arenal/la fortuna

whoops, didn't realize termales del bosque was a little further away from arenal than i thought.

so...

tabacon vs los logos?

or is there another options with hot springs and views of the volcano in one package in my price range?

thanks!

Edited: 3:47 pm, January 24, 2010
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nice hotel in arenal/la fortuna

Silencio del Campo has hot springs onsite, has a volcano view and is in your price range -- and gets stellar reviews here. Looks very cozy.

orlando
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: nice hotel in arenal/la fortuna

silencio del campo does look nice indeed.

let me ask you guys this tough, if i decide to stay at a Arenal Paraiso, with many hot springs, or a silencio del campo with a few hot srpings....do you think i'll still need to visit one of the other big dog hot springs? (tabaon, baldi, ecotermales)?

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nice hotel in arenal/la fortuna

Tabacon Springs are over the top, like the Disneyland of springs, expesive yes, but got to see it once in lifetime. If you stay at resort, springs are free!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,300 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nice hotel in arenal/la fortuna

If you want the springs "experience," then yes, go visit one of the springs. Like Cubanon mentioned Tabacon is big and elaborate - nice waterfall, lots of lights, water slide, etc. Eco Termales serves a really nice dinner and is really charming. If you just want to soak in a spring, then you can just enjoy it at your hotel.

10. Re: nice hotel in arenal/la fortuna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 27, 2010