We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel El Silencio del Campo or Arenal Observatory Lodge

bmhunsaker
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel El Silencio del Campo or Arenal Observatory Lodge

I cannot decide between the two, I am sure my children would love the view from AOL however, Hotel El Silencio del Campo gets such great reviews. We are currently booked at AOL should I change? We are traveling with a 7 yr. old and a 3 yr. old. Thank you for your help.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,087 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel El Silencio del Campo or Arenal Observatory Lodge

My choice would be Silencio. AOL does get you up close and personal to the volcano in a way other hotels don't but I love Silencio.

Cheers

Inca

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel El Silencio del Campo or Arenal Observatory Lodge

I agree with my amigo Incabod...Silencio del Campo...hard for me to even think about the horrible food at AOL...to bad because they have the best location!

Luis roadadvisor

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel El Silencio del Campo or Arenal Observatory Lodge

Hi,

It's hard to compare the 2 hotels, becasue AOL has the best views and great grounds that your kids will love. Silencio however, offers hot springs and is more central for other stuff, they have a different view of the volcano but still great.

It really depends on what you're looking for.

What a lot of my clients do, is spend one night in AOL and then the rest of the time closer to La Fortuna, in your case it would be Silencio, this way you get the best of all worlds.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel El Silencio del Campo or Arenal Observatory Lodge

We are also wondering whether to stay at El Silencio with our children, ages 7 and 11. An issue that no one seems to mention is that El Silencio's cabins only have two beds. Not an ideal situation for kids who don't want to share a bed -- like an 11-year-old girl and 7-year-old boy! Does anyone have suggestions for somewhere as nice as Silencio but with twin or bunk beds for chidren?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel El Silencio del Campo or Arenal Observatory Lodge

No many nice places and with the personal service provided by El Silencio...maybe send them a mail and request an extra bed...

You can try Los Lagos Hotel...very close to El Silencio and good for kids...

roadadvisor

6. Re: Hotel El Silencio del Campo or Arenal Observatory Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 24, 2010