We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cano Negro

Cornelius, North...
Level Contributor
108 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Cano Negro

Which company is the best? I want to see lots of monkeys, have a nice lunch, etc.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cano Negro

www.desafiocostarica.com

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
343 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cano Negro

For private tours in the actual reserve: www.tarabatours.com

For tours on the Rio Frio any of the large tour operators (e.g. www.desafiocostarica.com or www.arenal.net)

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cano Negro

Also take a look at www.ruralcostarica.com

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cano Negro

We've used Sunset Tours several times and loved them. We've seen capuchins, caimans, howlers, sloths, spider monkeys, and loads of birds. They stop at the Iguanas restaurant on the way; it's a great spot to take pics of the huge iguanas in the trees. It's impressive how they spot the wildlife - lots of things we would have missed on our own. The boat is nice and covered, and they have a cooler of cold drinks on board. After the tour, they serve lunch, not anything fancy, but it was good. Cano Negro is one of our favorite tours in CR.

www.sunsettourcr.com

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cano Negro

Hi Becky!

I love Desafio, but for Cano Negro is Canoa Aventura.

Cornelius, North...
Level Contributor
108 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cano Negro

Hi Marina,

I love Desafio too. Why do you choolse Canoa?

east brunswick, nj
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cano Negro

Has anybody done Cano Negro with Aventuras Arenal (booked through Arenal.net)? Just wanted to know if its good or should I rebook through Desafio, Sunset or another.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cano Negro

Canoa Aventura or Desafio!

Luis

9. Re: Cano Negro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 26, 2010