We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

Bay Area, California
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
How to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

Hi,

We will arrive Thursday afternoon to Arenal and would like to go to Manual Antonio on Tuesday morning (i.e. sleep Monday night close to MA).

This leaves us 4 nights in Arenal/Monte Verde

How do you suggest we'll split the time? I booked two nights in Arenal (Fortuna). I'm not sure whether to book 2 nights in MonteVerde or only one (and then 3 in Arenal)

We want to do hiking (a lot), zipline, sky trek, maybe canoe/kayaks, wildlife watchine. haven't decided which place has more options (Arenal/Monteverde)

thanks

Dorit

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,390 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

I will book 3 nights Arenal and 1 Monteverde!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,374 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

For me personally, I would skip Monteverde altogether; it's not worth going all the way there for one night. It's a long bumpy road to get there to just turn around the next day and come back. I could easily spend all 4 nights in Arenal because there's so much to see and do there. If you could do 3 nights in Arenal and 2 in Monteverde, that would be the way to go, but you can do everything on your list in Arenal. Hike to the waterfall, do a volcano hike, hike the Hanging Bridges, zipline at Sky Trek, canoe/kayak at Cano Negro or on Lake Arenal, do the Cano Negro tour with Sunset Tours to see wildlife, and enjoy the natural hot springs at Eco Termales.

3. Re: How to split the time between Arenal and Monteverde?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, March 17, 2010