We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Novillo and Driving

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomington, IL
Level Contributor
52 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
El Novillo and Driving

I had a question on this restaurant.. If we took a taxi from the hotel.. How hard is it to catch a taxi back from there? Thought I'd ask since it is just along the road from what I read....

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Novillo and Driving

You didn't specify the hotel, but El Novillo is on the main road and it should not be difficult to find a taxi.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
108 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Novillo and Driving

We ate at El Novillo last week and had a really good lunch. I'd say you would have a hard time flagging a cab down as we didn't see an abundance of vehicles driving by but there should be no problem with calling one to come pick you up.

~Peachtree

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
45,538 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Novillo and Driving

I had dinner at El Novillo sunday night...it looks like the original lady that opened the place...has gone to open another Novillo...be sure to ask the cab driver to drive you to the NEW Novillo...no far from town...or just go to the original location!!

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
369 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Novillo and Driving

They will call a cab for you, or you can arrange with the original driver to come back at a certain time. If you find a drvier you really like ask for a cell phone #. Sometimes you can make private arrangements with them. (To drive around the volcano at night if it becomes visible for example)

5. Re: El Novillo and Driving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, September 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...