We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eco Termales

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Titusville Fla
6 posts
Save Topic
Eco Termales

Everything I read states reservations are necessary.

How do you book ? Arenal.net gets poor reviews.

Hotle says they will book when we check in however I am concerned since we have one night to go the night after we check in. Suggestions ?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eco Termales

I booked through anywherecostarica.com. They e-mailed me prepaid vouchers ahead of our trip. Take their phone number with you just in case you need to change the reservation. They were very accomodating.

http://www.anywherecostarica.com/

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
861 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eco Termales

Here is the information that I was given on our last visit. Adminstradora - Mireya Hidalgo Murillo. Telephone number (506)-479-8484. E-mail: ecoterfo@racsa.co.cr. Address; Apdo 77-4417, La Fortuna, San Carlos, Costa Rica. Hope this helps. We usually contact them directly and not through an agency. However, I am a little perplexed as to Arenal.net getting bad reviews. I have used them a couple of times in the past without incidence. I would check to see if the people giving bad reviews are legit and that they don't give everyone bad reviews.

boston
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eco Termales

I had no problem with arenal.net either.

Lapeer, Michigan
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Eco Termales

Just got back from our amazing trip to Costa Rica. We arrived in La Fortuna on Monday, April 7. We stayed at Arenal Springs Resort. On the day of arrival, I inquired at the Resort about reservations for Eco Termales. They were fully booked Monday and Tuesday evenings, but we did get in on Wednesday evening. Our hotel made the reservation for us. The hot springs were wonderful. We did the hot springs/dinner combination. We were not impressed with the beef, but the rest of the dinner was very good. The drinks from the bar by the pools are on the honor system, so you don't have to have cash with you. Try the "Holy Spirit" for a delicious creamy, girly drink. When you check in, you get a locker key so you can lock up your belongings. The entrance is across the street from Baldi, but there are no signs identifying Eco Termales. You drive up to the unmarked gate and have to buzz in and they will open up the gates for you. There was a gorgeous garden of blue hydrangeas, one of my favorites. I would definitely recommend Eco Termales.

Southern New Jersey
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Eco Termales

We were there last Wednesday. A wonderful experience! I agree with the above post - Order the chicken, not the beef.

If you are driving there, bring a small flashlight. The parking lot was totally dark when we left. Had to use my LED keychain light to find our 4x4. Book ahead of time.

When you arrive they will give you a choice of dinner times. Pick a later time. Our family ate at 6:50. My wife and daughter did not feel like going back in the pools when they were finished eating (too full) and it was only 8:00 pm.

Most people left their towels in the (locked) lockers that they provide. I recommend you do the same. Those that took their towels to the pool regretted their decision when a sudden downpour occurred and their towels got soaked.

If you are going in the evening and plan to take photographs - do it as soon as you arrive before it gets dark.

Boston
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eco Termales

I went to EcoTermales last week and had a wonderful experience. The drinks are affordable $2-$4, and the dinner was tasty. Also, the locker is included with the price. I would stay clear from Baldi which I've heard is loud, tacky, and outrageously expensive once you step foot in it ($10 drinks; deposit required for lockers, etc). EcoTermales was very elegant and overall a delightful experience. I recommend going after a long hike -- very relaxing!

7. Re: Eco Termales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 24, 2009