We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nayara Resort or Nayara Springs?

Fripp Island, SC
Level Contributor
19 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Nayara Resort or Nayara Springs?

We are booking 7 days in January for our 30th anniversary at Nayara. Trying to decide between Springs Villa or room in the Nayara Resort. Difference is $2500. Is it worth it?

Thanks so Much!

5 replies to this topic
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
349 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Nayara Resort or Nayara Springs?

Hi Christine,

I think you are asking about The Springs Resort and Spa, and Hotel Arenal Nayara. Is that correct?

Both are absolutely stunning properties. You can't go wrong either way.

But you mentioned that the "Villa" at the Springs was $2500.00 more. Am I reading that right? The Villas are large units, suitable for a small family. If it just the two of you, I think that a Villa is overkill. I would recommend that you look into one of the Vista Suites. This would include the Vista Plus, and Alta Vista Suites. These would be perfect for a couple. Every accommodation there is appointed at a high level. So there really isn't any drop off. I think some of the villas offer a private garden jacuzzi. But that is about it.

That being said, Nayara is also a fantastic place for romance. Honeymooners are a huge part of their business, so they are catering to folks looking for this kind of life celebration. This is smaller than the Springs, but still an awesome place.

I haven't had the pleasure of staying at Nayara. But I have done several inspections, and I am always impressed. The Springs has a more of a resort feel, which isn't a bad thing. The last time we stayed there, my wife and I joked that we became "resort rats" for a couple of days. The hot springs are pretty inviting, they have excellent restaurants, and the always friendly staff was never far away. We didn't leave the property for two days.

I was in Arenal about ten days ago, and we stayed a night at Tabacon Resort. They have really upped their game! The Orchid (Standard) rooms were extremely nice, and they have some upgrade rooms and suites that are over the top. I did a full inspection, and was thoroughly impressed. They also offer private dinners in these beautiful little ranchos in the gardens, that feels like the heart of the rainforest. They also have an area in the public springs that are adults only, and open only to hotel guests. We wandered back there for a drink (okay, a couple). They have these little private tent cabinas and private springs. Plus a bar and food service. Very nice.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can offer any further advice.

Warm Regards,

Pat Hewitt

Travel Professional

Fripp Island, SC
Level Contributor
19 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nayara Resort or Nayara Springs?

Hi Pat,

Thank you for the detailed response.

Nayara Resort and Spa is located on the same property as Nayara Springs. It is not a separate resort just has upgrades like a plunge pool and free laundry. We have booked the mid range room and I'm wondering if it's worth $2500 to upgrade for the week.

Thank you!

Chris

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
349 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Nayara Resort or Nayara Springs?

Hi Christine,

I had to go back and look at their web site. This is more of an extension of the original hotel, than a separate property. I see that the two share a lot of the same amenities. This is all new to me.

I wish I had known, I would have found time to do a fresh inspection during my recent visit.

This is one hotel that doesn't send out a lot of promotional materials to agencies and tour operators. That is a good thing, I guess. Some hotels clog my inbox with constant updates. I find myself deleting a lot unread emails.

Either way. Nayara is an awesome place. I think you will be happy with whatever you choose. We have sent many clients here over the years, and never heard anything but rave reviews. I even had some recent guests who stayed for two nights, and returned the following year for five nights.

Enjoy your anniversary. It sounds like you have a good start on your planning.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can offer any further advice.

Warm Regards,

Pat Hewitt

Travel Professional

Washington
Level Contributor
228 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nayara Resort or Nayara Springs?

I stayed at Nayara Springs as a solo gal. It’s worth every single penny. I spent an obscene amount of money, but I got the experience of a lifetime.

Actually, I’m going back in December. :)

You wouldn’t regret the upgrade, OP.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nayara Resort or Nayara Springs?

I too wondered if the upgrade would be worth the cost as I would love to return for my anniversary. I will tell you that I stayed in the less expensive option a few years ago and it was, by far, one of my favorite trips I've ever been on and one of the nicest, most charming places I've ever stayed. I would recommend that you wait and decide once you've stayed one night in the less expensive option. I don't think you will be unhappy there. You will likely spend plenty of time away from the property, also. Enjoy your trip!

Reply to: Nayara Resort or Nayara Springs?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...