We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yoga/Spa Retreat in Mexico or Costa Rica

Which Alajuela hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
1 post
Save Topic
Yoga/Spa Retreat in Mexico or Costa Rica

I'm looking for someplace to take my twin daughters to celebrate their 30th birthday; we've checked out Puravida in Costa Rica as well as Mayatulum in Mexico, and Rio Caliente in Mexico. What we're looking for is a place to relax , do some yoga, some not too stressful hikes and have plenty of time to relax in the sun. Any suggestions?

Wayne, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Playa Conchal
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yoga/Spa Retreat in Mexico or Costa Rica

The ultimate place in the North Pacific is Los Altos de Eros. We got massages there that were just wonderful. It is a very intimate place, with only 6 rooms for 12 guests max. Its like staying at a private villa with yoga, spa and wonderful hosts.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
133 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yoga/Spa Retreat in Mexico or Costa Rica

I would recommend either Villa Blanca in Alajuela Province Costa Rica or Ana y Jose in Tulum Mexico of you are looking at both places. We have stayed at both. The main difference in Villa Blanca is Cloud Forest and Tulum is all beach.

Hope this helps.

Edmonton
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Yoga/Spa Retreat in Mexico or Costa Rica

I checked out the website for Villa Blanca and it looks amazing... but I didn't see anything to do with yoga.

Can you suggest a place to go for a couple of nights at the end of my trip? Two nights... with easy access to airport for am flight??

Montana
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yoga/Spa Retreat in Mexico or Costa Rica

Check out: www.backtobliss for yoga retreat in Costa Rica January of Peru in March, 2008. Costa Rica is especially a great place to relax in the sun & do some yoga. We have a bungalow that would be perfect for you & your two daughers.

Jen Brooke, Back to Bliss Yoga

Chicago
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Yoga/Spa Retreat in Mexico or Costa Rica

I am thinking of going to Mayatulum or Ana y Jose which is near by with two of my girlfriend's. What were your thoughts on Mayatulum or do you have any other suggestions. We are looking for some spa, some yoga, more natural setting and a two hour drive or less from a major airport - we only have 4 nights (but will just pay for 5 if needed). thanks for your feedback - i really appreciate it. Also, if you know of a travel agent that handles this type of more low-key travel, please send that along as well!

6. Re: Yoga/Spa Retreat in Mexico or Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 pm, September 16, 2009