We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rio celeste

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
rio celeste

Hi can you tell me the best route from Alajuela to rio celeste and the best place to stay? Is two nights enoug thanks Sam

Budget $250 per night but flexable

two adults

like hiking, swimming, nature

dont like rough untravelled roads

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: rio celeste

The road from Bijagua to the entrance to the Park can be challenging! Let's hope the grading will help. It took quite a beating during rainy season - I'm sure you could see that most of the "bad spots" were on the hills.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: rio celeste

Hattie,

From Bijagua. We stayed at the Sueno Celeste B&B. Wonderful place.

xelas,

You're right. I had to turn off the A/C as well. It's fine for getting from point A to point B on paved, flat roads. Other than that, it's is challenging. We usually opt for something slightly bigger, but we added Tenorio at the last minute and decided to keep the Celerio and take our chances. Lesson learned. It just added to the adventure. Our guide said he was making us official Costa Rican drivers for getting in and out safely.

Illinois
Level Contributor
77 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: rio celeste

We were just there a few weeks ago. It was a beautiful hike and we recommend it. At the end of the hike we were lucky enough to have a blue morpho butterfly fly right past. Then had a delicious casado at the restaurant next to the park office.

The road was rough and a 4x4 would be best but there were cars there too.

Also the new bridge between the park and rio Celeste hideaway is now open! The hotel was really beautiful. Mauricio the bartender was super nice and we enjoyed talking with him. The restaurant was good, a bit pricey but not bad for being so remote. Our only complaint was that it was food we eat here and not the costa rican food we enjoy while there.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,505 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: rio celeste

Congratulations, Rancho. I am still waiting to pass my exam, Luis is a tough mentor ;))) !

Alajuela, Costa Rica
9 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: rio celeste

When is the market day in Alajuela central market?

16. Re: rio celeste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 27, 2014