We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arriving late at night at SJO

Which Alajuela hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dallas
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Topic
arriving late at night at SJO

We are planning a trip to Costa Rica during x mas break. Our tentative flight schedule shows that we arrive at San Jose 8.30 P.M. Our tour company has arranged accommodation in Hotel Le Bergera.

I have not booked flights yet .

how long will it take to clear the security and immigration for US citizens ?

How safe will be to travel with kids at that time of the night ? what will be the safest way to travel ?

thanks in advance

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: arriving late at night at SJO

Our flights were scheduled to arrive at that same time but had delays because of weather in Houston. We got in around 10pm or so. It took 10 min to get through the airport. It all just depends. I wouldnt use a taxi. Id see if your hotel has a shuttle. The taxi drivers were a little sketchy and we were warned repeatedly to not ride with just anyone. Our hotels always called for us to assure a legitimate company.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: arriving late at night at SJO

Our flights were scheduled to arrive at that same time but had delays because of weather in Houston. We got in around 10pm or so. It took 10 min to get through the airport. It all just depends. I wouldnt use a taxi. Id see if your hotel has a shuttle. The taxi drivers were a little sketchy and we were warned repeatedly to not ride with just anyone. Our hotels always called for us to assure a legitimate company. Most people speak English, but I always felt bad for not knowing more Spanish. Youll work it out. The language barrier is easy to get passed if you think of other ways to articulate yourself (think charades). I picked up a lot while there too.

13. Re: arriving late at night at SJO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 16, 2013