We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need hotel for last night

California
Level Contributor
225 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Need hotel for last night

We're going to be in Manuel Antonion on Nov 18th and our flight home leaves San Jose the next day at 2:45. Rather than trying to drive it all on the 19th, we were thinking of doing an activity in the morning of the 18th and then driving partway to the airport to spend the night. Is there anything halfway between Manuel Antonio and Alejuela? Or should we stay in Jaco or head all the way over to Alejuela? We will have a rental car (dh, me, two kids age 5 aned 8). Suggestions?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need hotel for last night

La Finca Que Ama is about an hour from the airport & gets great reviews: http://www.costaricafinca.com Or if you drive to Alajuela the Orquideas Inn is great, they have a pool and nice grounds to walk around: http://www.orquideasinn.com I would skip staying a night in Jaco, it's too close to MA to really make a difference.

Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need hotel for last night

Stay at Orquideas Inn or Xandari. Diamond Inn Hotel is agood budget option too. And do not stay in Jaco. It is a dumb and not too much to see. It is a better idea to drive one more hour to Alajuela. Any other advice needed? Just let us know. . .

bye

Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need hotel for last night

for two trips to CR we have spent our first and last days at Hotel Villa bonita. one of the most charming couples you have ever met. Carmen fixes a wonderful breakfast and Humberto will do anything for you to make your stay more comfortable. He speaks very good english and is a wealth of information. Their house is nice with a walled in back yard. They are also only one block from Argentinian restaurant with very good steaks! check out their website, i think you'll like it. the taxi to the airport is literally five minutes and three bucks. We are going again in Feb 06 and will stay our first and last nights with Carmen and HUmberto.

Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need hotel for last night

for two trips to CR we have spent our first and last days at Hotel Villa bonita. one of the most charming couples you have ever met. Carmen fixes a wonderful breakfast and Humberto will do anything for you to make your stay more comfortable. He speaks very good english and is a wealth of information. Their house is nice with a walled in back yard. They are also only one block from Argentinian restaurant with very good steaks! check out their website, i think you'll like it. the taxi to the airport is literally five minutes and three bucks. We are going again in Feb 06 and will stay our first and last nights with Carmen and HUmberto.