We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very early flight out of SJ airport--advice.

Which Alajuela hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
7 posts
Save Topic
Very early flight out of SJ airport--advice.

Hi everyone and thanks to all of you for the very informative posts--I've learned so much and am so eager for my trip to Costa Rica!

My situation is as follows: I will be in Manuel Antonio for almost my entire trip. I will only be in San Jose (or even just Alajuela) for the last evening before I fly out at 6am the next morning. I would like to stay in a simple, inexpensive but safe and clean hotel that last night and then get to the airport by 4 (or whatever the regulations dictate) in time to check in for my international flight back home. Can someone recommend a nothing-fancy but clean/safe hotel with a shuttle that can get me to the airport that early? Alternatively, I assume there are independent cab/shuttle services--would they run this early? Any recommendations in this regard.

Thanks!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Very early flight out of SJ airport--advice.

Any hotel near the airport will arrange a taxi to get you to the airport at whatever time you need to be there. This is quite routine for ALL the hotels and taxi drivers who operate near the airport.

Here is an inexpensive lodging option. Isabel and Norman, the sweet couple who run the place, will make sure you make your flight.

http://www.vidatropical.com/

San Jose, Ca
Level Contributor
57 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very early flight out of SJ airport--advice.

We stayed at Hotel Villa Bonita. It's a B & B with very reasonable prices and the owners couldn't be nicer. It's right on the airport edge of Alajuela so about a five minute drive to the airport. They will arrange transport any time of day or night for you.

Ramer, Alabama
Level Contributor
467 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very early flight out of SJ airport--advice.

We stayed at the Adventure Inn on a recent trip on the 1st and last nights of our trip.

Quiet, clean and safe location. Nice little restaurant and bar on premises. Very Convenient to the airport.

Colorado
Level Contributor
41 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very early flight out of SJ airport--advice.

Hotel Mango is by the Hampton Inn and it is literally 5 minutes from the airport. It is small and safe and half the price of most of the hotels near the airport. I have been staying there for 4 years. There are 2 Mango Hotels make sure this is the one by the Hampton Inn.

San Francisco
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Very early flight out of SJ airport--advice.

Thank you all so much--I finally found a more efficient way of searching this forum and found the exact question asked numerous times, so I'm sorry for being repetitive. But, I'm so grateful for all of the great suggestions!

Cheers!

6. Re: Very early flight out of SJ airport--advice.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, October 02, 2009