We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights in Cana Negro, too much time there?

texas
9 posts
Save Topic
2 nights in Cana Negro, too much time there?

Hello,

I am thinking of staying in Cana Negro 2 nights, is this too much time there? Is a trip down the river one day sufficient, or is there a lot to see?

Thanks!

San Isidro del...
Level Contributor
938 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights in Cana Negro, too much time there?

Personally I would stay in La Fortuna and take a day trip to Cano Negro. Two birds with one stone so to speak. You will have the volcano at night (hopefully) and the river during the day. One day is enough. If you get a chance to go at another time of year it would be worth more time as the birds can be different depending on the migration times.

texas
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights in Cana Negro, too much time there?

thanks a million... i am tyring to find a home base for a trip to Cana Negro and hiking the Celeste Falls, do you have any suggestions in that northern area, Rincon de Vieja area? I am flexible and will have a car to drive...

Thank you...this is the last bit of my trip I need to plan...I leave in 10 days! Yikes!

Turrúcares
Level Contributor
16 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights in Cana Negro, too much time there?

Hi,

The best way to get the most out of a trip at The "Río Frío" (Caño Negro tour) is to stay one night in Los Chiles. Make a tour early in the morning (06 am) and after the tout (about 3 -4 hours) you can return to La Fortuna.

San Isidro del...
Level Contributor
938 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights in Cana Negro, too much time there?

Have you looked into La Carolina?

texas
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nights in Cana Negro, too much time there?

THanks for the messages..

colibri47 - that is an excellent suggestion, I will try to book a canoe ride first thing in the morning. We will be staying at the Cana Negro Natural Lodge,

CostRicaTravler - Yes, I am flying into Liberia, staying at La Carolina on our first night, hiking Rio Celeste in the morning and then driving over to Cana Negro and staying one night there! I will post a full report when I return! We leave in 4 days!

San Isidro del...
Level Contributor
938 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 nights in Cana Negro, too much time there?

Have fun! Looking forward to your trip report. I am particularly interested in the overnight in the Cano Negro area as so few people do that.

7. Re: 2 nights in Cana Negro, too much time there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 03, 2009