We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

Heading that way weekend of Oct. 20 for the Kentuck Art Fair. We waited too long to book a room so we're commuting to/from Birmingham. Would love some suggestions for local restaurants and/or attractions.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

Hi! Where in Bham are you staying? Downtown or on the outskirts?

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

And are you looking for Tuscaloosa restaurants / attractions or Bham? Tuscaloosa will be packed with football fans.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

We're staying at StudioPlus Birmingham - Wildwood. Driving's no problem for us.

Alabama
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

There's a wonderful Shakesperean themed restaurant less than a mile from Kentuck Park in downtown Northport. I'd definitely have lunch there at the very least. It's a great building and arguably the finest dining in town. Called "The Globe."

Alabama
Level Contributor
64 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

Well, too late for you Octoboy, but there are a number of good restaurants in T-town. Cypress Garden Inn...Nicks in the Sticks...Dreamland, of course...there's a place in Northport, can't remember the name of it, that serves a meat-and-three at a VERY reasonable price, and cheap, too...Crimson Cafe near campus...I believe there's an Italian restaurant downtown that is good - never been there, but I keep hearing how good it is. Maybe for next year's Kentuck!

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,181 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

mmmmmmm dreamland ribs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alabama
Level Contributor
38 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

Just thought I'd add, sadly, The Globe is now closed.

8. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:30 am, December 04, 2009