We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Appreciate your advice for my April/May 07 visit

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Appreciate your advice for my April/May 07 visit

Family of three ( Dad, mom and 10 years old boy) is planning for a visit during April/May 07. Couple curiosities for 1st time shanghai visit :

1. How the weather will be durng April/May ?

2. Giving interests of sightseeing and shopping, which area we should stay ....Pudong or Puxi ?

Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Appreciate your advice for my April/May 07 visit

You should stay on Puxi. Pudong is a day trip - tower viewing, a different view of the Bund, maybe a ride on the Maglev train for fun. Other than that Puxi (for the time being anyway) has all the main attractions. I believe that weather wise April and May are pretty good times to travel - not too hot or too cold.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Appreciate your advice for my April/May 07 visit

Don't forget to take your son on the Tourist Tunnel across to the Pudong side. He will enjoy the ride.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Appreciate your advice for my April/May 07 visit

1) Quite cool, one of the best weather conditions year-round for Shanghai. Take a look at http://www.wunderground.com for an idea of historical weather conditions.

2) Definitely Puxi.

4. Re: Appreciate your advice for my April/May 07 visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, August 19, 2009