We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Shanghai Pudong Airport to Suzhou

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
42 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Shanghai Pudong Airport to Suzhou

I am arriving at Shanghai Pudong Airport at about noon on a Sunday. Am intending to travel to Suzhou Railway Station (27 CheZhan Road) by rail. What would be the suggested route of travel?

Would it be:

Subway from Shanghai Pudong Airport to Hongqiao Railway Station, then a high speed rail to Suzhou Railway Station?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Shanghai Pudong Airport to Suzhou

Yes, or take Airport Line 1 to Hongqiao Station.

NNJ
Level Contributor
2,998 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Shanghai Pudong Airport to Suzhou

Or take bus directly from pvg to SZ. May not be as fast, but simple.

Level Contributor
42 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Shanghai Pudong Airport to Suzhou

Airport Line No. 1 is the bus service, am I right?

Level Contributor
42 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Shanghai Pudong Airport to Suzhou

I am not too keen to take the bus for the entire journey, as I am prone to motion sickness when the vehicle does not move at a steady speed. Short distance (<45mins) should be all right, but probably not all the way to Suzhou :)

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Shanghai Pudong Airport to Suzhou

In this case, subway to the train station and then fast train to Suzhou would be more suitable option. You could check the transfer information here:http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g308272-i2804-k6014084-Pudong_Airport_to_Hongqiao_railway_station-Shanghai.html

6. Re: Getting from Shanghai Pudong Airport to Suzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 20, 2015