We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shanghai hotel advice

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rome, Georgia
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
shanghai hotel advice

Woman traveling alone looking for luxury hotel with:

~excellent English speaking conciere service

~high speed internet service

~spa, pool

~nice walking area surrounding hotel

~24 hour room service

~starbucks/expresso for breakfast

~I will be going to French concession daily

Any suggestions?

Shanghai
Level Contributor
699 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: shanghai hotel advice

J W Marriot, location is not far from the French concession.

Hotel is not much older than 2 years, is therefore ultra Modern, consiege are very efficent, much better than anything I experienced in the USA,,,,,,,actual service with waiting for a tip.

They have probably the best Spa in Shanghai, very nice pool.

There is nice walking around the hotel but it is a busy area, cannot avoid this in a city of 14 million.

Internet will be fast, there is a Starbucks not far, so I think this is the one for you.

Others might suggest Portaman, Ritz Carlton, what lets it down is the pool and spa, too many people use it and it is not as private.

Offcourse you will be paying for all these requests, but if it is a business trip, you will find it very good value compared to the USA and Europe.

Shanghai
Level Contributor
699 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: shanghai hotel advice

Want to clarify, thats "without waiting for a tip", my long nails cause me typing errors.

Rome, Georgia
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shanghai hotel advice

Thank you for your reply.....

Can I walk to the park from the JW Marriott?

How about the Four Seasons? It is the same price as the Marriott

Thanks Again!

Shanghai
Level Contributor
699 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: shanghai hotel advice

Four seasons has not the same location for easy walking, sps and pool not as amazing either.

jW is newer and more ultra modern.

5. Re: shanghai hotel advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 15, 2009