We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a large reclining Buddha near Shanghai ?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
471 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a large reclining Buddha near Shanghai ?

In my previous trip to China in 1997, my tour group visited a large reclining Buddha's statue which I remember it being kind of out door. I am not sure where it was but somehow I think it was near Shanghai.

I know about the one in Jade Temple.

Thanks.

Tours of Jewish Shanghai
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Shanghai Tom's Guide & Driver
City Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a large reclining Buddha near Shanghai ?

Do you mean the "Sleeping Buddha"? You can see this kind of Buddha in many temples.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
471 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a large reclining Buddha near Shanghai ?

Yes. I meant sleeping Buddha or Reclining. This one was very large and my question is if there is one like this in or near Shanghai ?

Denver
Level Contributor
21 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a large reclining Buddha near Shanghai ?

Wuxi has a a reclining Buddha at Ling Shan, along with many other attractions, most notably a gigantic bronze Buddha. Quite a sight! Wuxi is only 20 minutes past Suzhou by train. And then a 40 minutes taxi ride to Ling Shan. Read about it here....

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Buddha_at_Ling_Shan

4. Re: Is there a large reclining Buddha near Shanghai ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 31, 2015