We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there taxi vans at Pudong Airport?

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Are there taxi vans at Pudong Airport?

My son and I are traveling to Shanghai and we will need transportation from Pudong airport to our hotel and my son uses a motoried wheelchair. I was hoping to hire a Van with a ramp.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,030 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there taxi vans at Pudong Airport?

That's a very specialized vehicle. Frankly I am not sure I have ever seen one in Shanghai. You may have to check with some local disabled agencies to see if this kind of vehicle is available in Shanghai.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,273 posts
814 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there taxi vans at Pudong Airport?

There are a few vans but most probably not with a ramp.

I think you need to hire one ahead of time and not sure where.

3. Re: Are there taxi vans at Pudong Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, January 07, 2014
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there taxi vans at Pudong Airport?

Agree. In general Shanghai and China is not really wheelchair friendly. You need to arrange in advance, no chance on the spot at the airport. Shanghai only has these two types of taxis: VW Santana (95%) and VW Touran (5%). However none of those would be able to accommodate an electric wheelchair.

5. Re: Are there taxi vans at Pudong Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, January 09, 2015