We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marks and Spencer and Carrefour near People'sPpark, Shanghai

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Marks and Spencer and Carrefour near People'sPpark, Shanghai

Hi, we are Aussies who will be staying at The Yangtze near People's Square. Whilst we are looking forward to exploring Shanghai from a traditional tourist viewpoint we are also looking forward to catching up on a few stores we do not have access to in Brisbane, Australia. Could someone please advise the closest locations are from the square to the above stores? Thanks, Allyson

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marks and Spencer and Carrefour near People'sPpark, Shanghai

One Marks & Spencers is at Golden Bell Plaza 98 Huai hai middle road,very near to People square.The signs are big and you wont miss it.Another Marks &Spencer is at 863 Nanjing xilu/Shimen yilu ,exit gate 1 to Nanjing xilu station.

Nearest Carrefour is at Zhongshan park .,at Cloud 9 Mall.,1018 Changning lu near Kaixuan road.Take metro line 2 to Zhongshan park station,mall is above it.

Sydney
Level Contributor
72 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marks and Spencer and Carrefour near People'sPpark, Shanghai

Hi Allyson, the M & S on Nanjing Road is a pretty good store and is surrounded by H & M, Gap, Uniqlo, Zara and many more of the high end stores also. The only thing I would say is that I was just in Shanghai and most of the big stores had winter gear so there was little for me to purchase for the Aussie climate and it would be even more the case for you. I actually got a skirt & 2 jackets on sale at M & S from their summer range so you may be just as lucky.

The South Bund Fabric Market is a good place for getting clothes made if that is something that is of interest but for best success, take samples for them to copy.

Carrefour is a fantastic store (in the target & kmart category) & I always shop there when in China or the UA - they carry so many things that are inexpensive & good quality when compared to Australia so its worth foraging around. I always buy baby clothes as gifts as they have lovely French stuff, often good shoes, bags, hard to predict as sometimes lots and sometimes nothing. Bit the same with H & M, it was nearly all winter but they have inexpensive costume jewellery & bits.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marks and Spencer and Carrefour near People'sPpark, Shanghai

Thanks for your helpful reply. Have truly enjoyed Shanghai and Andrew and I are looking forward to receiving our tailored clothing tomorrow.

4. Re: Marks and Spencer and Carrefour near People'sPpark, Shanghai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 24, 2014