We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hongqiao airport to Pudong Airport.

Llangollen, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hongqiao airport to Pudong Airport.

Hello

I arrive at HongQiao airport from QingDao at 15:40. My flight to Phnom Phen is at 19:55 from Pudong Airport.

What is the easiest and quickest time to get between the airports, very annoyed as when I booked the flights they didn't tell me I had to change airports, all they said was a stop in ShangHai. Also will this be enough time or will it be very rushed.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,349 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hongqiao airport to Pudong Airport.

I should take you an hour to clear customs and immigration. Then you can get on the subway or the the shuttle bus. It should take 1.5 hours between airports. So you are fine.

Llangollen, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hongqiao airport to Pudong Airport.

Thank-You so much. Do you happen to know which bus it is or is it fairly obvious?

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hongqiao airport to Pudong Airport.

Line #2 on subway is a straight shot between the two. Transfer at Longyang Road station to Maglev train if you want to save time and travel in excess of 400 kph. Show them your air ticket for 10 yuan discount.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hongqiao airport to Pudong Airport.

1)By airport shuttle line 1,departs every 15 to 25 mins interval,costs 30 yuan per person takes an 1 hr to 1.5 hr to reach Pudong airport.

2)Metro line 2 all the way from Hongqiao station to Pudong airport costs 8 yuan takes about 1 hr 45 mins.

3)Metro line 2 from Hongqiao station to Longyang station then change to superfast Maglev train.Cost 5+40yuan.Duration roughly about 1 to1.5 hr.

4)Taxi from Hongqiao airport to Pudong airport costs about 200-250yuan.Takes 1 hr to 1.5hr.

West New York, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hongqiao airport to Pudong Airport.

Maglev transfer will not save you time. You have to go outside, hall your bags up to flights, check through security then wait up to fifteen minutes for next maglev. It is irrational. Better to stay on slow and steady line two.

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hongqiao airport to Pudong Airport.

Done it both ways. Maglev allows you to sit in a comfortable seat, is not crowded, has no stops, and is an attraction in and of itself being the world's fastest train. Very short transfer at Longyang.

If you have an abundance of luggage though, you probably don't want to do either.

NNJ
Level Contributor
3,290 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hongqiao airport to Pudong Airport.

The easiest and the quickest way is to take taxi, if, a big if, the taxi line is not too long and no major traffic jam. To play safe, take the subway.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,349 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hongqiao airport to Pudong Airport.

I don't understand post number 5. The Maglev train is taken right adjacent to the subway. No difference in timing to get on but much faster in the end.

Shanghai, China
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Hongqiao airport to Pudong Airport.

I work here as an internee in a consulting company - they also offer a car service /interpreter /etc. - just in case you have a limited time budget or are afraid of getting lost in Shanghai's metro... ;)

http://www.shanghaidriver.net/en/index.php

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hongqiao airport to Pudong Airport.

On an average maglev should save you about 15 to 20 mins of the travel time.