We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China Eastern checked luggage automatic transfer?

canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
China Eastern checked luggage automatic transfer?

Hello, this might be a stupid question but I'm flying china eastern from YVR to HKG and have a 6 hr layover in shanghai airport PVG.

I will be going outside of the airport for abit, do I have to pick up my luggage at PVG or does the luggage automatically go to my destination which is HKG? So that I can just ignore luggage pickup area and go out of airport?

thanks,

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
534 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: China Eastern checked luggage automatic transfer?

Since there is no change of airline, your bag will probably be checked straight through. However I had to pick mine up and recheck it in a similar situation on one trip. (But the transfer point was Shenyang, not Shanghai.)

You need to ask the airline to be sure. And pay careful attention to how they tag your checked bag when you check in.

Edited: 9:59 pm, October 12, 2013
2. Re: China Eastern checked luggage automatic transfer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 14, 2014