We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel decision in Shanghai

Worldwide
Level Contributor
158 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel decision in Shanghai

I have done some preliminary research on hotels in Shanghai, and have whittled the choices down to the following three hotels:

1. Nanjing Hotel

2. Shanghai Donghu Hotel

3. Seventh Heaven Hotel

Could anyone give me some personal recommendations about these hotels? I will be a female travelling with two male friends, so spacious rooms are a consideration, as well as convenience to all the major sights/neighborhoods.

Many thanks for your advice.

1. Re: Hotel decision in Shanghai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:13 pm, July 04, 2006
Oklahoma city, OK
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel decision in Shanghai

I stayed 5 nights at Donghu in May 2006 and had a good experience. Especially liked its location and service was good. But, I was travelling by myself and my room was not large. Look carefully based on room size/price. I liked the French Concession area because it is close to everything, but still somewhat quiet. Also close to a nice park area (see folks doing excercise in the morning, quiet), a reasonable range of restraunts. Within reasonable range of subways which I found to be helpful. Ellyse might have more specific insights as her school is close to the Dong Hu. I also considered Nanjing, but needed a little quieter area after ten plus days of travel. In no case did I pay more than $3 American for any trip I wanted to make in the city and hit most of the tourist areas.

3. Re: Hotel decision in Shanghai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 am, August 14, 2009