We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American physical exam

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jingzhou, China
1 post
Save Topic
American physical exam

I have to take a physical for employment and the form is in english... Is there a western doctor in Hubei Province (maybe Wuhan) or Shanghai that can do the physical and provide the test results in english.

Edited: 7:15 am, August 29, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,106 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American physical exam

Expat hospitals should be able to provide test results in English.

shanghaiexpat.com/article/hospitals-shanghai…

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American physical exam

Is it for the work permit? Then you need to go to a designated place to get this done. You can not just go to any doctor. Ask your employer again or other expats in your city. The latter is always the best thing to do in such cases anyway.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
8,615 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American physical exam

I don't understand the title of "American" physical exam. For employment physical for China (necessary to get a Residence Permit), the form that the doctor fills out is in Chinese. And as said by #2, each Chinese city has a specific place where foreigners must go to get this done. Furthermore, the exam normally has to be done in the jurisdiction where the company is applying for your Work Permit.

Or is this some other situation? Are you trying to get a physical done in China for employment back in the USA due to lack of time or convenience?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,320 posts
814 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American physical exam

The OP may want to read this: theworldofchinese.com/2013/…

Then maybe not...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,106 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American physical exam

JP,

Truly horrifying! Fortunately the Chinese hospital I've used in Shanghai was much better.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
8,615 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: American physical exam

I cannot imagine why any foreign woman would subject herself to this, just for a job teaching kids in China.

7. Re: American physical exam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 02, 2014