We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
1 day only in Shanghai

Hi, my fiance and I are going to Shanghai in July. We only have one day in Shanghai. Our flight arrives at Pudong airport at 5:25pm. I have not booked hotel yet.

We would like to see the Bund at night and wonder how late the river cruise runs. Is it a recommended way to see the Bund? Given the fact that we probably won't get to the city till later in the the evening, we are thinking about booking a hotel in the Bund area, so that we can check in and head out right away? Is that practical?

Also, we have the next day till the afternoon to wander around Shanghai. Is that any recommendation as of how to arrange so that we can see the most? Of course, we may have so much jetlag and couldn't do anything :-). But thought it would be good to know our choices.

Thanks a lot.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: 1 day only in Shanghai

Thanks to so much helpful information. You guys are great!

yfc
los angeles
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: 1 day only in Shanghai

Try the Peace Hotel. It is right on the Bund. No idea how much it costs though. There are some restaurants on the Bond side, too. They are really nice but pricy.

13. Re: 1 day only in Shanghai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 13, 2009