We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travel

Hi,

Im doing a trip of 11-12 days o shanghai-nanjing-kaifeng-zhengzhou-louyang-xian-beijing-qufu-shanghai, can any provide any tips and advice ? More of a history buff

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,914 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel

Either too many cities or not enough days.

China Poot Bay...
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel

Hi,

You have only one day to travel each city ,it is a hastily time. You'd better choose your interested , such as the Great Wall or the Palace Museum of Beijing, the nearest scenic route. I was worried about you will be very tired.It will be better if you choose three cities.

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel

Hello,

Actially me coming from India, and 1 day overnight stay in Shanghai,

Day 2 Local sight seeing in Shanghai

Day 3 Travel to nanjing early morning and leave for kaifeng in the morning

Day 4- Kaifeng city tour and evening leave for zhengzhou overnight stay

Day 5 Zhenhzhou local tour - shaolin overnight stay

Day 6 Shaolin tour and leave for louyang local tour, and overnight stay in xian by train

Day 7 Xian arrive morning and travel local tour

Day 8 Xian- zhaolin,maoling and yangling and local tour, evening leave for beijing

Day 9 arrive beijing morning- morning local tour

Day 10-- beijing- great wall,ming tombs, summer palace and forbidden city,leave for qufu in the evening

Day 11-qufu morning reach half day tour,reach shanghai evening

Day 12 - shanghai local tour and evening drop pudong airport,tour ends

Technical speaking covering 8 cities in 10 and half days

Edited: 5:55 am, August 15, 2013
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel

That's how Chinese tourists travel through Europe. 10 days, 11 countries... Way too rushed for me, but if you like this way of traveling: enjoy!

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel

yup, so has anyone covered this route before in this much time? let me know

Edited: 6:16 am, August 15, 2013
Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel

You don't have a tour to arrange traffic and you don't know Chinese. Most likely you would spend more than half of your time, if not all, on the road, no matter flight or train or bus. 3-4 cities are maxium. Go Shanghai, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Suzhou; or Xian, Zhengzhou, Luoyang, Kaifeng.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel

it is too rush and you will not be able to see a lot in each cities, will suggest either extend the says or skip some cities

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel

It looks a tired trip. If you can cancel some cities, the trip may more enjoyable. Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai are the musts.

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel

well i have done similar trips like this in Europe 18 days city-city by volvo buses and south korea various cities without any issues.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel

Travel in Europe is not like travel in China. Roads are not that congested and things are more predictable. In any case, some folks like Slow Travel while others prefer 'Speed Travel'. Hope your journey is safe and enjoyable.