We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unsolicited Testimonial for BundBnB.

Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Unsolicited Testimonial for BundBnB.

Hi.

My partner and i have not long returned from Shanghai as guests of BundBnB, and have nothing but praise for the hospitality and help that we recieved. As senior citizens we would have found it quite difficult to accomplish all the things we did without the help that was provided.

We had someone to show us the ropes, and provide everything we needed to overcome the language difficulties.

We had a wonderful time, with trips to Suzhou and Nanjing and saw a lot of China that most tourists would never get to see.

I will not go into too much detail at the moment as i am still recovering from a bug that i picked up on the plane home from Bangkok.[ We had a stopover ]

I will monitor this theme [ as i am sure that BunbBnb will do also ] and answer any questions that might be raised.

I am reluctant to post somebody elses Email address on the net. but if anybody is interested i am sure that BundBnB will respond to any expressions of interest.

All i can say is, if you are looking for a holiday [ Vacation ] in Shanghai and you would like value for money and help to get around, then this would be the way to go.

I would like to publicly thank BundBnB for providing the holiday of a lifetime, one which we will never forget. [ No i do not get commision this is genuine praise ].

Shanghai
Level Contributor
699 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Unsolicited Testimonial for BundBnB.

bibimbob are you actually in Toronto, just wishing to be in Shanghai or what ?.

From where have you gained your local knowledged of Shanghai ?.

Ellyse, I lived in Singapore 4 years, I can imagine a Singaporean would love Shanghai as much as I do.

I think the 300rmb for the taxi from the airport is a bit steep however, perhaps you sould catch the 20rmb bus out like I do and charge your clients 200rmb to cover the taxi and your bus, while making them welcome in Shanghai on the way.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Unsolicited Testimonial for BundBnB.

The 300 RMB total was extra cost because the flight was delayed. I don't think it's fair to ask my cabbie to wait without getting some compensation for their time. There was once that they waited till way past midnight for a couple whose connecting flight was delayed for several hours -- that's what I call dedication and great service!

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Unsolicited Testimonial for BundBnB.

Please stop squabbling, folks... you are all very helpful to newbies to China, and each helps in his/her own way, whether you are an expat, a tour guide, or just an experienced traveller who has enjoyed trips to China. In any case, Bund does more than promote her own services; she helps people with advice who cannot possibly give her any business. Such as me.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Unsolicited Testimonial for BundBnB.

As I've mentioned earlier, I don't give a hoot about whether I'm going to get any "business" or not from the people that I help!

Shanghai
Level Contributor
699 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Unsolicited Testimonial for BundBnB.

Just arrived back in Asia after 8 weeks in the States,a week in Ireland, weekend in Moscow, the most expensive city definitely.

What Shanghai has to offer in "service", public transport, value for money shopping, and sights to see generally, I think makes it one of the best holiday destination,

Which was thankfully, how it was rated in most of the magazines I read, while I was travelling.

16. Re: Unsolicited Testimonial for BundBnB.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 12, 2009