We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Maglev Train from Pudong to Longyang Road

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
422 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about Maglev Train from Pudong to Longyang Road

We would love to take the Maglev Train from Pudong to the Longyang Road Station, but we are not sure if it is a wise decision for us.

We are in our mid-70s and will be traveling with one large and one small piece of luggage each (we will be taking a cruise out of Shanghai). We have no problem pulling our luggage and walking distances with it. BUT escalators and/or stairs would be a problem for us, because of our suitcases. Are there elevators at both stations, or would we need to take our luggage on escalators or stairs?

We have taken MRTs in various cities (Singapore and Hong Kong most recently), but not with luggage.

We would catch a taxi from Longyang Road Station to our hotel, the Grand Central Hotel Shanghai on Jiujiang Road.

We appreciate any advice that you can give us.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
422 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Questions about Maglev Train from Pudong to Longyang Road

Thanks again for all your help. I appreciate the time that you Destination Experts spend answering questions and helping out tourists to your city.

NNJ
Level Contributor
3,471 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Questions about Maglev Train from Pudong to Longyang Road

I got a solution for you:

Ask the hotel to book a private airport pick up service for you. The driver picks up your luggage at airport and then picks you up at Magleve station. It will cost more; but for your special needs and wants, it’s not significant (<$100). Since the service is arranged by the hotel, the risk that the driver drives away with your luggage is very close-to-zero.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
422 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Questions about Maglev Train from Pudong to Longyang Road

Thanks for that other option drdw. Lots to think about and plan!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Questions about Maglev Train from Pudong to Longyang Road

Hi Bennystar99, I happened to read your post as I'm also interested to take maglev train from Pudong Airport.

I wanted to take a taxis from Longyang station to my apartment at Ascott HuaiHai middle road but upon reaching Longyang station, are there many stairs / elevators to the taxi stand? is it convenient for the elderly?

We have 4 travellers, my friend & 2 elderly with 3 luggage.

Thanks

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
461 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Questions about Maglev Train from Pudong to Longyang Road

be careful of the taxi drivers in Longyang road station. They could cheat.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Questions about Maglev Train from Pudong to Longyang Road

When you reach Longyang station after disembark from the maglev there are escalator all the way to ground level,and opposite is the metro station and turn right towards the taxi queue.PLEASE be aware that one of the hotspot for taxi scam is at this station ,so please make sure that you take taxis from the official taxi queue line and not be waylaid by other touts or taxi drivers.There is announcement to remind you of this when you reach the Longyang station.

As long as your lugages are not oversized and manageable it should be ok as you dont need to climb steps but use escalators down to basement at Pudong side and also escalators down at Longyang side,besides the maglev is not as congested as the metro.

Boston...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Questions about Maglev Train from Pudong to Longyang Road

Please check the web www.travelchinaguide.com I'm going to Shanghai in March, I'm thinking about taking the Maglev Train to Longyang Rd and then take a taxi. I heard the rush hours are 7am-9am and 5-8pm, try not to take the taxi at these hours.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
1 post
99 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Questions about Maglev Train from Pudong to Longyang Road

How long is the trip on the metro to or from Longyang Rd.? I will be travelling around 7am on a Monday morning, returning about 7.30pm on Tuesday night. Is the metro still very busy at these times. Thanks for your help.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,507 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Questions about Maglev Train from Pudong to Longyang Road

To Longyang road from where?

I took the metro from that station at 5pm and it was full but nothing crazy. So 7h30 should be fine.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Questions about Maglev Train from Pudong to Longyang Road

This is a question about a round trip from the Maglev station/museum to Pudong and back. One posting mentioned showing a boarding pass and buying a ticket at the airport. Is the entrance to the Maglev to Longyang Road different from the exit from the train at Pudong? Or can we just stay on the train for the return trip?