We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French Concession accomodation

Sydney
Level Contributor
259 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
French Concession accomodation

Hi,

I have read extensively regarding accommodation in Shanghai but I'm having great problems trying to come to a decision that will meet both my husband and my needs. He particularly likes the French Concession. We are looking for a hotel or B & B that meets the following:-

1. Close to subway that is 5 minute would be great but up to 10 minutes walk is ok.

2. Has either an elevator or few stairs to room as I have a slight disability.

3. Restaurants or cafes in walking distance

4. Comfortable and clean preferably 4 star or more up to $A280 night but closer to $250 would be better.

5 We would like some of the staff who speak good English to give us advice regarding the area etc.

Hubby was keen on the Pudi but reviews are saying there are no restaurants close by. I would be happy to have any advice regarding this area you are willing to share. Thank you for taking the time to read my request.

NNJ
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: French Concession accomodation

There are many restaurants within 5-10 minutes walking from Pudi. The subway stations are, however, a little more than 10 minutes walking. Why not consider taking taxi, particularly for "a slight disability"

For other choices, see those three I listed in an earlier post of "... small and personal". None of these hotels, however, is near a subway station (5 min walking).

Edited: 10:00 pm, June 15, 2013
NNJ
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: French Concession accomodation

The new Twelve at Hengshan meets all 5 of your requirements perfectly (depends on the date, the rate may be over a little).

Providenciales
Level Contributor
845 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: French Concession accomodation

You could look at the Raddison Blu Xingguo. Meets your requirements except possibly a little far from subway.

4. Re: French Concession accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 19, 2014