We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zhujiajiao

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Zhujiajiao

We will be in Shanghai for just 8 hours, we are on a cruise. One of the excursions is a visit to Zhujiajiao. I have always wanted to see a water town. Can anyone recommend this or am should I consider something else? Also excuse my ignorance but I am not really sure if Zhujiajiao is a town or a suburb of Shanghai. The cruise line is also offering tours to Wuxi or Suzhou. How do any or all of these places compare?

Thanks for any advice

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zhujiajiao

If you only have 8 hours in Shanghai, I can't imagine going to Suzhou, unless by helicopter. Seriously, it could take three hours there and back with traffic. if you have always wanted to go to a water town then go to Zhujiajiao, to me , they're all alike, so I usually don't comment. It's like a suburb of Shanghai, much closer than Suzhou. Personally, in my opinion, I wouldn't waste 8 hours traveling in horrendous traffic, when I could be exploring Shanghai.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Zhujiajiao

Zhujiajiao isn't the best water village (it's average, or slightly better than average) I've visited so far, but I'd say it's still pretty worth going to.

Zhujiajiao is a water village in Qingpu district (satellite town, rather) of Shanghai.

Don't go for Suzhou or Wuxi -- how'd they find enough time to sightsee on top of the travelling time?!

3. Re: Zhujiajiao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 16, 2009