We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping in shanghai

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
shopping in shanghai

where are some good places to go shopping in shanghai?

in particular...where should i go to get good knockoffs?

NNJ
Level Contributor
3,130 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: shopping in shanghai

Somehow, I still couldn't get it, why spend money on fake stuff?

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
140 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: shopping in shanghai

@St Moonlight in LA:

Why not?

Not everybody pretends to dorn a halo!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
872 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: shopping in shanghai

@BRBhan.

Personally, halo is not my thing. However, if you are of that religious persuasion, be sure it is authentic and not perpetuating a crime.

Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
62 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: shopping in shanghai

I looked at 580 West Nanjing Road and the market shops at the Science Museum Metro stop. 580 is more compact and easier to shop.

Do NOT buy in the first shop you see something.

Only buy after you have seen the same item in 3 shops at least. There is low/medium/high quality and you need to learn what you are negating a price on.

Sellers will start at ridiculous prices - eg 3000 CNY, or even a more "generous" 1500 CNY because u good customer etc etc.

Do NOT offer prices - let them keep coming down. In fact if you agree on a price you said, and walk away, they can get mighty pissed off.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: shopping in shanghai

I would highly recommend Shopping Tours Shanghai. Suzy, MJ and gang make shopping really fun and know the vendors who are reliable.

I had a wonderful day with lunch, a van to drive us and found some fabulous clothes made for me, plus prescription glasses. Great bargains, great company and great fun.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: shopping in shanghai

B-o-r-i-n-g

Just aking for a little shopping advice, not a sermon.

17. Re: shopping in shanghai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 18, 2014