We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Bund hotel for solo female tourist

England
Level Contributor
64 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Which Bund hotel for solo female tourist

Hi, The following hotels seem to be roughly the same price on the dates I'm looking at.

I therefore wondered if anyone had advice on which is the nicest or best for me considering I'm on my own:

The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai

The Westin Bund Center Shanghai

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai

Many Thanks for your help.

NNJ
Level Contributor
3,248 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Bund hotel for solo female tourist

LRM, definitely, for location.

Other two are OK too, but I stayed Westin before and haven't wanted to go back.

Waterford Works...
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Bund hotel for solo female tourist

Haven't stay at these hotels so cannot comment much on them. Le Royal Meridien has better location for traffic, shopping, dining, etc.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Bund hotel for solo female tourist

LRM as well. Still a walk from Westin to the metro station whereas LRM is just some 5 min walk from metro hub "Peoples Square".

LRM is in the middle of the tourist scam area! Please read: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294211-i642-k4835… (variations: "practice English in a bar", "art students from another city having an exhibition going on")

Nothing violent and no problem for a single female to walk this area 24/7, they will "just" try to scam you. Hence bottom line is: Do NOT follow any strangers approaching you on the street in good English. No matter how nice or convincing they are. You will NOT have this wonderful experience of learning about another culture but an empty wallet instead. No exceptions made in that area!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Bund hotel for solo female tourist

Maybe:Le Royal Meridien Shanghai

England
Level Contributor
64 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Bund hotel for solo female tourist

Thanks for your help everyone - seems its unanimously LRM ...makes an easy decision for me!

6. Re: Which Bund hotel for solo female tourist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 23, 2014