We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shanghai or Beijing

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Shanghai or Beijing

For those of you that know China - Shanghai or Beijing in March/April next year? Plan to spend about a week at either for a girls reunion.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Shanghai or Beijing

Having never been to China definitely want to get out of Shanghai and do some sightseeing so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Reading previous forums is very helpful.....West Lake?? sounds like it would be worth a trip and and one of the water towns.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Shanghai or Beijing

If you'll be heading to Hangzhou, Xitang would be a very good pick as a water village in the same direction. I'd also recommend Tongli in Jiangsu province, I think the s*x museum there would be great entertainment! :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Shanghai or Beijing

Thanks ellyse! Tongli looks great! I'll definitely be talking the others into a day trip there!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Shanghai or Beijing

No problem, glad to help! :) If you aren't interested in seeing ALL the attractions on the Tongli admission ticket, at least see Tuisi Yuan (Garden of Thought and Retreat) and the s*x museum (which isn't included in the combined admission ticket though, it's an extra 20 RMB).

25. Re: Shanghai or Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 16, 2009