We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

atms

Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
atms

hi,

We arrive .on Saturday night. We are British and have a Halifax clarity card and was wondering which bank we should use in China Does it matter? we know that our bank has no affiliation with any Chinese bank.. Do all Chinese banks charge the same fees for transactions We know there are no fees on our card at the ATM. Lastly please what is the maximum amount per day we are allowed.

Thank you

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,953 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: atms

Chinese banks don't charge any fees either. It does not really matter which bank. I try to use ones that are outside a bank office. Or I use ones from major banks such as HSBC. I think the per day maximum depends on your own bank. I remember per withdrawal is $5,000 rmb. It could be less but I don't recall exactly what amount.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,063 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: atms

No fees by Chinese bank so you can use any ATM. The max is set by your bank. The ATMs in China have a max per transaction but you can just do multiple transactions.

3. Re: atms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 06, 2014