We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Western Style Hotel

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
zdz
toledo,oh
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Western Style Hotel

I am looking for advice on a western style hotel near the People's Square. In the past, my business associate and I have stayed at the Hotel Indigo on the Bund. We do like the Hotel Indigo, but we are interested in staying closer to People's Square. It seems like a good area. With any suggestion, I would appreciate your opinion of the differences in the two areas. 1,500 RMB is price range we would like to be in.

Thank you in advance.

NNJ
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Western Style Hotel

Beds in both, actually all, Marriott i have stayed are very good.

NNJ
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Western Style Hotel

To me, pillows is more important than bed.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Western Style Hotel

yes,i rather sleep without the pillows at Grand Central.They are even so high that i prefer the pillows of my ancestors which are made from wood,stone,jade or marble.But they have among the softest and good beds,better than those at LRM,Marriot or Radissons.,where the beds are not bad too.

But they have much better pillows than Grand Central.Bed size is of course better in Grand Central where they have extra King size beds unlike those at LRM or Radissons.,where they are only of King size.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Western Style Hotel

Any of the big chain hotels like Marriot, Radisson etc will change your mattress if it's too firm, they also change pillows if you're not happy with them.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Western Style Hotel

Oh !never thought of that.I had never ask them to change pillows but i had changed rooms whenever i dont like the view.Anyway im only a parasite enjoyed staying in several hotels whenevr i book the rooms for visiting friends and relatives.

16. Re: Western Style Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 27, 2014