We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels for Business trip- MayFair Hotel

Asia
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Hotels for Business trip- MayFair Hotel

Hi All!

I am going on a business trip to Shanghai in Mid may.. have booked the hotel, MayFair hotel.. HAs anyone stayed in this hotel?? Any idea if it is ok and if there are eating places nearby?? Hope to get some help on this as I am still thinking if i Should stay here..

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels for Business trip- MayFair Hotel

It's on the edge of what I consider to be downtown Shanghai. Where will you need to be for business? I'd suggest changing to somewhere more central if possible. Yes, there're eating places nearby.

Asia
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels for Business trip- MayFair Hotel

Hi

My office is in Minhang Economic & Technological Development Zone in Puxi. It seems that it is in a quite remote part of Shanghai?? ... But if there r eating places nearby the hotel, probably that will be sufficient ......Thanks for the info! Any idea if it is near to Shopping areas??

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels for Business trip- MayFair Hotel

Oh my, that's one of the outlying districts (or satellite towns) of Shanghai! Could your business partner find you accommodation closer to where you need to be working? Or else you'll be spending about 80-100 RMB on a taxi each way, everytime!

Asia
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels for Business trip- MayFair Hotel

According to my business partner, there are no "OK" hotels around the company.. so guess no choice, have to stay here. But other than the location, in terms of facility, this hotel should be Ok right ?? :)

Anyone Stayed here before??

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels for Business trip- MayFair Hotel

Ugh, tell them to subsidise your taxi fares everyday, in that case. I've had a friend staying there who'd to commute daily to the spanking new stadium in Minhang district for the Tennis Masters Cup, not the most wonderful commute to be enjoying twice everyday!