We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train ticket to Hangzhou.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
314 reviews
Save Topic
Train ticket to Hangzhou.

I am going to Hangzhou for a day trip from Shanghai. I am wanting to take the train, how much is the fare for a return trip in first and second class.

I am thinking of getting the 9.30 train From Hongqiao. I am staying at the Marriott executive apartments, union square. How much time would I need to get to the station for that train and what would be the best route using the subway.

Also a separate question, I will be in Shanghai for 8 days, what are the best options for subway tickets, is there a week ticket, or is there a top up card system.

Thanks.

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train ticket to Hangzhou.

RMB78 for second class and RMB124 for first calss seat.

As for the hotel- hongqiao station, you can also take the subway line No.2 nearby your hotel and then would reach the Hongqiao station in about 40 minute.Or take a taxi about 45-min from your hotel at about RMB90.

China
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Train ticket to Hangzhou.

D train is CNY54/hard seat and CNY65/soft seat; G train is CNY78/hard seat and CNY124/soft seat.

Good Luck,

China Culture Tour

Melbourne, Australia
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train ticket to Hangzhou.

There is a top up card for the subway. We had our hotel write out our request for the stored value card and then we went to the transit office to buy it. The card itself is 20Y, and then we put 30Y in value on it. We loved using it - made everything easy, plus we will hold on to it until we are back in Shanghai. We love stored value transit cards, and we love subways. It was very easy to find our way around w english as our only language.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train ticket to Hangzhou.

Thanks everyone.

Just the information I needed.

5. Re: Train ticket to Hangzhou.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, December 18, 2013