We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pvg to Jing'an district Hotel. Is this correct?

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pvg to Jing'an district Hotel. Is this correct?

The hotel is Fanyang Hotel, 55 Yuyao Road, Jing'an.

Is this correct? Line 2 to Jing'an Temple, transfer to line 7 to Changping Road stop, and walk to Hotel?

Is this correct? Or should I go to Jiangsu Stop on line 2, and a taxi to Hotel? This one is more reasonable, doesn't require rmb2,000 deposit, and is closer to Nanjing Rd. and Center Theatre.

Sorry for extra questions, And Thanks for all your help.

Edited: 12:12 am, October 18, 2012
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
48 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pvg to Jing'an district Hotel. Is this correct?

yes, the nearest station for your hotel is Changping Rd. of line 7, and you can transfer at Jing'An Temple station. I recommend another way, there is an airport bus (line 2), it is direct service to City Air Terminal near Jing'An Temple Station. Then take a taxi. it is much easier.

Airport bus costs RMB20/person, depart every 15minutes in 6:00-21:00, and taxi from Jing'An Temple to the hotel costs approx. RMB15-20/car.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pvg to Jing'an district Hotel. Is this correct?

But if you arrive city air terminal during rush-hour (1700-1900h) nearly impossible to get a taxi there.

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pvg to Jing'an district Hotel. Is this correct?

Thanks. Maybe then I can do this:

Can I take subway line #2 to Jing'an Temple. Transfer to line #11, exit at Longde Road, and get a short ride taxi there?

Edited: 8:33 pm, October 19, 2012
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
48 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pvg to Jing'an district Hotel. Is this correct?

you can take line 11 at Jiangsu Rd., not at Jing'An Temple.Way from Longde Rd. is farer than from Changping Rd.. If you don't want to take taxi as possible, you should take line 7 and go to Changping Rd..

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Pvg to Jing'an district Hotel. Is this correct?

Thank you so much.

After all, I will be very patient and get taxi at Jing'an temple.

Thanks to you both.

NNJ
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pvg to Jing'an district Hotel. Is this correct?

You may need more than patient to get a taxi during rush hours. I can't count how many times I was bumped.

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Pvg to Jing'an district Hotel. Is this correct?

Ok thanks,

Is there a stop on line 2 for Center Theatre. Maybe I can buy my Theatre ticket in advance? The address is 1376 Nanjing Road. Then Taxis may be many at that stop? Sorry, so many questions, and thank you.

Edited: 6:33 pm, October 30, 2012
Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Pvg to Jing'an district Hotel. Is this correct?

I'm back!

I took the Line 2 to Jiangsu Road, and a taxi from there. I was Sooo easy.

Thanks again for your help!

Edited: 7:37 pm, December 04, 2012
9. Re: Pvg to Jing'an district Hotel. Is this correct?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 06, 2013