We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do I find the maglev station at the airport?

San Diego, Cal.
Level Contributor
144 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
how do I find the maglev station at the airport?

I'm flying out this Thursday and I remember a post I read, but now can't find, saying it is a bit confusing to find the maglev station at the airport. Can anyone give me any advice? Directions? chinese characters for the train so I could show it to someone and get directions? I assume there is a ticket machine where I buy the ticket and it has an english option like the subway machines in Beijing? Its my first time to Shanghai. Been to Beijing 5 times. I also assume the train only goes into town so I dont have to worry about getting on the wrong train. Is there a special place for luggage? I'll have a medium piece on wheels. Thanks as always.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,984 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how do I find the maglev station at the airport?

Not confusing at all and all in english as well. Just follow the signs.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how do I find the maglev station at the airport?

And only two stations: airport and Longyang Rd.. As said, not confusing at all...

San Diego, Cal.
Level Contributor
144 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how do I find the maglev station at the airport?

thanks. The other psoter made it seem hard. I'm sure you are right. thanks again.

NNJ
Level Contributor
3,415 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how do I find the maglev station at the airport?

It's in between terminal 1 and 2. ( there are two terminals)

It will be hard to miss it.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how do I find the maglev station at the airport?

When you exit from the final customs clearance and landed on the arrival hall,there are signs on all thtree dirctions which can get to the Maglev station.But the simplest is just follow the sign right ahead opposite to you ,walk straight and you willpass by a meeting point and walk further staright.,no further turning is required till you reach the maglev station.The metro station is also nearby so dont mistake it.They are in between T1 and T2,

Its about 5 to 10 mins walk.,there are ticketing offices there show your portion of the remaining boarding pass to get a discounted rate of 40Rmb.

On entering the cabin there are racks for luggages and it all depends on you whether to keep your luggage there or near your seat.No hard and fast rule about this.

Maglev will only bring you to Longyang station.,still at Pudong side.From exit of Longyang station it is up to yoy to decide what mode of transport to take you to your final destination.Subway or cab?If cab,follow the sign,walk down escalator from exit of Maglev train to 2nd floor,turn left to cross the pedestrian overhead bridge to opposite side of road down escalator to official taxi queue.

If subway ,on exit from Maglev train on third level go all the way down to ground level level 1 walk across to the adjoining metro building.,for the metro .

San Diego, Cal.
Level Contributor
144 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how do I find the maglev station at the airport?

Fantastic. Thanks do much for the detailed reply.

Mallow, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: how do I find the maglev station at the airport?

I like your detailed message too. Can you help me. I'm arriving from Ireland to terminal 2 and my friends from Bkk to terminal 1. They 3 hours before me. My problem is I won't be able to contact them when I arrive. Is there a meeting point near train station that we can arrange now?

Mallow, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: how do I find the maglev station at the airport?

I like your detailed message too. Can you help me. I'm arriving from Ireland to terminal 2 and my friends from Bkk to terminal 1. They 3 hours before me. My problem is I won't be able to contact them when I arrive. Is there a meeting point near train station that we can arrange now?

NNJ
Level Contributor
3,415 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how do I find the maglev station at the airport?

You can meet at the ticket windows for maglev, which is located between the terminals (you don't even need to go out of the building). A few feet away, there is a food court serving various fast food with seating area, which a good waiting/meeting point.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,984 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how do I find the maglev station at the airport?

For a three hour wait better meet at the restaurant, either the McDonald or the sports bar tpe of restaurant next to it.