We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Help Ellyse

Cleveland, Ohio
8 posts
Save Topic
Golf Help Ellyse

Ellyse can you help with some golf advice? We will be in China for the month of October. In Shanghai from October 5 through 13 at the Westin. My husband wants to bring his golf clubs and play a couple of rounds. Can we find courses open to the visiting tourists?

Also we would like to ship the clubs from Shanghai to Beijing wen we depart with our Viking Tour?

In Beijing we will be at the Hilton from October 23 through November 1 and he would also like to play golf there.

I found a private guide in Beijing for 37 dollars a day. Are there any in Shanghai?

Thanks for any recommendations - Anna

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Help Ellyse

You won't find a golf course for under $100 in Shaghai. Try Silport, Tianma, Sun Island and add an hour each way to and from. Must get a reservation You will get a caddy, as that is the only way they will let you play, and no shorts. Not many public places to golf. Have you thought of buying clubs in Shanghai instead of bringing them over and back? You can get them on the 15th floor of the Expo Center for about $200, complete set of knock off Calloways, but, may be cheaper than sending them back and forth. Most golf Clubs are private, but, your hotel, might have an affiliation.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Help Ellyse

I could show you around Shanghai, provided I'm free when you come. However, I'll definitely be out of Shanghai for the 1st week of October!

No help re the golf courses though, sorry! I'm more a "budget" kind of person rather than "splurge".

Cleveland, Ohio
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Help Ellyse

Hi Ellyse

Thank you for your response. My husband and I are arriving on October 5 and staying at the Westin for 8 nights as part of a one month stay in China. Most of our stay and activities are guided by Viking River Cruises, but we are on our own for 6 days in Shanghai and 6 days in Beijing and would like to find and English speaking guide/ driver to assist us with siteseeing and local restaurants. In Shanghaii the specific days would be October 6, 7 and 8. If you can assist or have a recommendation please E-mail me at anna.rogers@cox.net

Thank you for your help - Anna