We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi at Lonygang

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi at Lonygang

Going to Shanghai Dec and taking the Meglev from PVG to Lonyang Station,the kids want try the high speed train.

Anyone know if I can book a "Shibo" taxi or larger taxi that will fit my family of 4 (adult)? I know the regular taxi would not be able to fit the 4 of us with luggages, and I am wary of having to split up the family into 2 taxis to our hotel in Huangpu area after reading about the ripoffs by unscrupulous drivers at the Lonyang Taxi stand.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers

Edited: 10:51 pm, September 14, 2012
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi at Lonygang

You can phone to Dazhong taxi center to book for the Expo taxis or a bigger taxi.The rate is the same as for ordinary taxis.Dazhong call center021- 96822.or The call center can converse in english as well.

or Qiangsheng a t021- 62580000.

Jinjiang 021-96961

Bashi-021-96840

Haibo-021-96965

Dazhong charges extra 4yuan for a telephone booking.Other companies do not charge extra like Qiangsheng or Jinjiang.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi at Lonygang

or the other way round is you may wait in line at the queue and wait for the bigger expo taxis to come around.There is more leg space but only slightly bigger space in the boot.

Sydney
Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi at Lonygang

Thanks Bennystar99. Helpful information.

Cheers,

One more question. I am confused as to what the difference is for soft sleeper and superior soft sleeper on the Z92 train from Shanghai to Xian. Some website show both class and some web site show only the soft sleeper.

Edited: 8:14 am, September 15, 2012
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi at Lonygang

zfor the info on the differences

http://www.seat61.com/China.htm

Deluxe soft sleeper has only 2 bunk to a compartment,with independent toilet,sofa teatable ,tv and some other amenities like in the soft sleeper.

Soft sleeper has 4 bunks to a compartment ,2 upper and 2 lower.A door separate the compartment from the aisle.Other amenities are provided.

Not all trains have the deluxe soft sleepers.

Another important thing is if you are taking taxi at Longyang station take from the oficial taxi queue,its upon exit from the maglev on 3rd floor go down escalator to 2nd floor,turn left there is a signboard,walk across the overhang bridge across the road,go down the escalator to ground to join in the queue.

Otherwise you may be interested to continue your journey by subway to hotel.

Sydney
Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi at Lonygang

Thanks again Benny.

Very helpful infor.

Cheers

6. Re: Taxi at Lonygang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 22, 2013