We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irene at China Private Travel

toronto, on
Level Contributor
378 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Irene at China Private Travel

My husband and I are almost there! I can't believe it - I have to give a HUGE thank you to Irene from China Private Travel. I am sure I have been a challenging customer. She has replied withIn hours to my many, many emails with questions, requests and concerns. I will post upon our return in October and give everyone a report.

Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Irene at China Private Travel

Hi,

We are looking forward to your review. Working with Irene now to put together a trip. Can't wait to hear how yours was and what to do for ours.

toronto, on
Level Contributor
378 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Irene at China Private Travel

My trip was great - only 2 cons - the tour guide in Beijing was suffering with bad allergies and was not terribly upbeat. The tour guide in Shanghai was terrible and Irene was willing to switch her on our second day but said for her to forget it. All our hotels were great and our time on the Yangtze was excellent. To our pleasant surprise Irene had arranged for us to have executive staus, which meant having our meals in a smaller dining room and ordering our dinner from a menu. The food was excellent on board. The planned lunches were not great - very touristy restaurants. We were always met at transfer points and taken right to the security line at the airport. The vans were all very comfortable to drive in. the other guides wer so accommodating and went out of there way to give us incredible memories. Feel free to ask any details you may have.

Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Irene at China Private Travel

Hi, thanks for the quick response! We're glad to hear you had a great time.

We will be traveling as a family with our 13 and 11 year old sons. I am wondering how long most days were? What time did you leave your hotel most mornings? What time did you arrive back in the afternoons? Did you have time to rest, or at least freshen up before the organized dinners? I want to make sure that there is some down time for us so we don't get burned out early on in the trip. What were your " Must sees" and "Could have skipped" sites? Any ideas or insights, particularly keeping in mind our children are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

toronto, on
Level Contributor
378 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Irene at China Private Travel

I can't beleive what I just did - spent a long time with a reply and pressed the wrong button and lost it all sooooo here I go again - lol.

Picked up around 9 or 9:30 and usually back by 4. We did our own thing at dinner. Lunched were bot very good - take peanut butter and baggies for your kids and rolls from breakfast if they get hungry.

If you are at all unhappy with a guide call Irene and have the person changed. We had one horrible guide.

Must sees:

Great wall and take the chair lift not cable car and have your kids come down on the slide, night market and any other market,hutong tour by rickshaw

Terracotta warriors,city wall and kids can bike the top,dumpling banquet was so so

Reed flute cave,Li river cruise

Yangtze may get boring for kids bit it was incredible and food excursions

Go to the zoo in chongqing to see the pandas

Yangshou - amazing night show outdoors

The bund, fiancial center, family visit, bazaar,acrobatic show incredible

Your kids may get bored with the large sites like the forbidden city etc as they are huge and repetitive but I must see.

When do you go? I gather you are from Florida. where about's? We leave the end of Nov for 4 months and stay in Sunny Isles.

Enjoy China is is amazing

Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Irene at China Private Travel

Thank you, thank you! I totally appreciate that you took the time to pass along all of that information twice.

I am relieved to hear that the days weren't too long. 9-4 sounds so reasonable. I was afraid that with all that they seem to be packing into a day, we'd leave at 7 and not get back until 5 or 6. I am still in the market for a really good guidebook about China. I love the Rick Steve's books on Europe etc. and haven't found the equivalent of his books for China. I guess his books have spoiled me. We are currently using a Fodor's book from our library and would appreciate any suggestions on books you used in planning your trips that you found particularly useful so we can check them out.

Did you consider any other tour companies before you booked with China Private Travel? If so, who and why did you choose China Private over the others?

We are in sunny south Florida, not far from Sunny Isles. It'd be great to get together with you and meet you to talk more about your travels. Maybe we could have dinner while you are here. Please feel free to p.m. us so we can organize a meeting if you are interested.

kochi
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Irene at China Private Travel

I just returned from China after a wonderful trip arranged by Irene. Main reason I picked them was the good reviews on trip advisor, I must say I was not disappointed. Some of the earlier reviews had complaints about guides but now they seem a lot better especially in Beijing ; Eddie was very very good.We wanted at least one Indian meal per day which was arranged for us. Overall it was a good experience

london
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Irene at China Private Travel

We are booking with china private travel for next month. Can you tell me did you have a problem with internal flights being cancelled or delayed?

I have a slight issue that we have been warned not to take afternoon or evening flights but it can't be helped.

Please advise .

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Irene at China Private Travel

Wondering how your experience with this trio went? We are considering a family trip with China Private Travel this summer.

Thanks,

Jeff Price

California
Level Contributor
589 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Irene at China Private Travel

Did you see the pandas in Chongqing or Chendu?

london
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Irene at China Private Travel

We were 12 in our group - the trip was absolutely fantastic - small hick up up of a guide we couldn't understand was rectified by a short call to Irene - with a new guide with us within 30 minutes - I would highly recommend china private travel for a trip to china . a five star trip with a three star price tag!