We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pudong airport to Hongzhou by bus?

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
13,323 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Pudong airport to Hongzhou by bus?

We will arrive in Pudong airport 9/16 about 525PM, exit about 630PM. We need to get to Hongzhou Zhejiang on a business visit. Is there bus service from airport to Hongzhou? any website showing bus schedule?

Bus from airport to Hongzhou will help us avoid going all the way into Shanghai city just to spend a night in hotel.

Our last visit to Hongzhou was 1999, we hired a private car for the 2 hours freeway (just opened then) and back, not a comfortable ride, so many hours in a small space. Bus should be more roomy and comfortable.

Any alternative, convenient and comfortable transport to Hongzhou? from Pudong airport after 7-8PM? high speed rail?

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
NNJ
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pudong airport to Hongzhou by bus?

There should be a bus from pvg to Hougzhou. If I remember correctly, the bus leaves on the hour and it takes about 3 hours.

But taking subway to Hongqiao station then G or D train is a compariable option.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
13,323 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pudong airport to Hongzhou by bus?

how long is the ride from pvg to station? and how long is the G or D train ride? is that high speed rail or reg train? I recall the taxi ride from pvg to shanghai city center was a long long ride. Since we are not interested in any sightseeing in Shanghai, like to avoid Shanghai all together.

Will taxi at pvg go to Hongzhou? anyone has any idea what cost? in 1999, that trip costed US$300, looking back, seemed excessive.

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,829 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pudong airport to Hongzhou by bus?

Yes there is a bus from Pudong. You can take the train but need to go to town or even as far as Hongqiao. This will delay you and involves moving around with luggage. You may as well take the bus from Pudong. Simple and you spend all your time sitting in the same vehicle.

Note that the last bus is at 8pm.

Not idea about a taxi but it must be expensive as the driver needs to return to Shanghai empty.

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pudong airport to Hongzhou by bus?

The bus to Hangzhou departs every hour and the last one is at 8pm .The ticket takes RMB100. Here it is the shuttle bus schedule of Pudong airport :http://www.shairport.com/chn200912040215051/

Mentioned in this post
Hangzhou
Hangzhou
Zhejiang, China
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
13,323 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pudong airport to Hongzhou by bus?

JP, Totally agree, I now take buses and trains whenever I can, I don't like the confined space, drivers and condition of the taxis; on a bus, you see everything, traffic jam becomes irrelevant.

Our flight from Osaka ETA PVG is 525PM, should have plenty time to catch 8PM bus. 3 hours seem long, but whatever, beats sitting in an airport hotel watching TV.

Do I need to study the bus station location and how and what? nothing complicated? or it should be something I will get it the moment we come out the immegration, there should be signs and counters just like all airports.

Mentioned in this post
Osaka
Osaka
Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,829 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pudong airport to Hongzhou by bus?

PM me your email and I will email you some photos I took at the airport.

7. Re: Pudong airport to Hongzhou by bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, September 19, 2012
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,829 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pudong airport to Hongzhou by bus?

I think that the info on this website is out of date. The last bus is 8pm not 9pm.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
13,323 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pudong airport to Hongzhou by bus?

Heidi, thanks for the link.

JP sent me pictures, airport sign and bus station sign, now I know exactly where to go and what to do. We will be sleeping in Hangzhou 9/16, ready to do business 9/17. Thanks a million.

Mentioned in this post
Hangzhou
Hangzhou
Zhejiang, China
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
13,323 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pudong airport to Hongzhou by bus?

At PVG, from landing to exit immigration, took 20 minutes, despite very long walk and very long lines, very fast and efficient. Instant luggage pickup, at customs, nobody there to check anybody, as usual.

There are clear signs at exit, Long Distance Bus, just 5 minutes walk down a wide corridor, with same signs along the way. Same path as to meglav, airport hotels and towards terminal 2.

Bus fare is 100 yuan. Assigned seat numbers, orderly boarding. Trip took 2.5 hours, 7PM on time departure to 930PM arrival. Bus is old with bouncy shock absorbers, but reasonably comfortable with extra big leg space for carry-on and very deep recline, freeway all the way with high speed rail next to freeway.

We were in our West Lake lakeside room before 10PM. Comfortable and efficient 19 hours journey, 2 airplanes, 1 bus, 1 taxi, 3 countries.