We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pudong Airport to Sofitel Hyland

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pudong Airport to Sofitel Hyland

I am arriving 550am on 09/29 Pudong Airport and trying to find the fastest way to get to Sofitel Hyland to embark a day tour at 8:00am.

Can someone please advise why mode of transport is the fastest?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,257 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pudong Airport to Sofitel Hyland

Taxi. At that time of the day you should not have traffic issues, and the taxi will take you directly to the hotel, no need to change train or anything.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pudong Airport to Sofitel Hyland

Maglev Train doesnt operate until 615am?

3. Re: Pudong Airport to Sofitel Hyland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:27 am, September 19, 2012
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pudong Airport to Sofitel Hyland

Ok thank you, so I will take Taxi upon arrival at Pudong. How long does it take to get to the hotel and how much is the fare?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pudong Airport to Sofitel Hyland

From Pudong airport to Sofitel about 45mins to 1 hour.,with smooth traffic.Cost about 170Rmb.You should reach your hotel by 0700- 7.30am.(allowing some time for the taxiing of plane+clearing customs)

Maglev will be quite fast but it starts from 0705 from pudong airport.,to Longyang .However if you take maglev and followed by meytro line 2 form Longyang station to Nanjing east road station you will reach hotel by 0735am.The hotel is about 50meters walk from the exit gate no.1 at Nanjing east road station.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pudong Airport to Sofitel Hyland

So which transportation should I use? Which mode is more reliable? I need to reach the hotel by 8:am for the tour.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pudong Airport to Sofitel Hyland

Both modes will reach hotel about the same time with the taxi is more convenient and slightly earlier ahead.So your best choice would be the taxi .,somehow you dont have much time to waste ,and hopefully the plane arrival is on schedule.If its on time,best way is to take the taxi.

Howver if plane is delayed or clearing customs is delayed and if your time is close to the first Maglev train goin out to Longyang at 0702 then it will be good to take the maglev+taxi or maglev +subway.,because this mode normally requires about 35 to 40 minutes to reach hotel.

I hope there wont be plane delay for you as in normal circumstances you will reach hotel close to 0745- 8 am.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pudong Airport to Sofitel Hyland

Hi,

I wanted to check if the bus shuttle is available from Pudong airport to Sofitel

9. Re: Pudong Airport to Sofitel Hyland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, December 15, 2013