We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer to Salvo Hotel from Pudong Airport

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer to Salvo Hotel from Pudong Airport

Looking for advice for private transfer from Pudong airport to our hotel in Shanghai - Salvo hotel which is fairly central. We are 4 adults with 4 suitcases.

Is it easy to get a taxi from airport or can anybody recommend a taxi service that we can pre-book ?

Thanks

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,656 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer to Salvo Hotel from Pudong Airport

As in nearly all airports in the world, you follow the signs that say taxi and get in line. Make sure that you have your hotel name and address written in Chinese as well as the phone number (get these from the hotel website).

However I doubt that you can fit 4 persons and suitcases in one taxi. You may need a minivan or something like that.

If you prefer a larger and fancier car with private driver, your hotel should be happy so send someone to pick you up at 4 times the cost of a taxi.

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer to Salvo Hotel from Pudong Airport

many thanks for the reply - we don't mind getting 2 cabs. Do you know the approx cost per cab?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer to Salvo Hotel from Pudong Airport

Two cabs are fine. Should be about 150 CNY btw 5am and 11pm and abt 180 CNY btw 11pm and 5am (night surcharge). Have the hotel address in Chinese double and don't even think about doing the "follow that car" thing. Trafiic in Shanghai is VERY bad!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer to Salvo Hotel from Pudong Airport

2 cabs will cost about 170Rmb each.,daytime.,so a total about 340+Rmb.to hotel.But it of cos the easiest way of travel.Journey time 1 hr+

A minivan will cost about 350+ and a hotel standard car like the Audi will cost about 500-600Rmb.Journey time 1 hr+

You may also try the maglev levitation train max.speed at 431km/hr to Long yang station.Takes 7-8 mins to reach Longyang at more than 30 kms.Each person cost 40Rmb after showing proof of your earlier flight like the boarding pass.,etc.They will only take a cursory glance of it.The advantage is the experience on taking the world's fastest train.

Then followed by the metro line 2 at the adjoining metro building at a cost of 5 Rmb/person to Nanjing east road station.Exit gate 4 to JiuJiang raod and take cab to hotel.Each cab cost 14 Rmb to hotel or maybe can try the expo SUV type.Same cost.Journey time to hotel by cab from Nanjing east road is about 5-10 minutes.

If you are the really adventurous type you can walk but it would be a herculean task with the luggages.Not very far though about 20 minutes walk.,0.8km.,to hotel.

NNJ
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer to Salvo Hotel from Pudong Airport

Unless it has changed, we always call Dazhong to get a minivan to and from airport when the party is not just my wife and I. It charges(ed) the same.

I have a private limo service phone #, of which my friend always uses. They have both minivan and large cars. It does charge almost double amount (300CY) to/from airport, since they may not have customer on the way back. If interested, send me a message (it will take a few day, since I'm currently out of town on vacation)

Edited: 1:43 am, August 28, 2012
NNJ
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer to Salvo Hotel from Pudong Airport

Unless it has changed, we always call Dazhong to get a minivan to and from airport when the party is not just my wife and I. It charges(ed) the same.

I have a private limo service # of which my friend always uses. They have both minivan and large cars. It does charge almost double amount (300CY) to/from airport, since they may not have customer on the way back. If interested, send me a message (it will tke a few day, since I'm current out of town on vacation)

Sasebo, Japan
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer to Salvo Hotel from Pudong Airport

Hi,

How did the transportation work out for you? Was the cost of the taxi to the Salvo Hotel fairly accurate? I ask, because we are needing a transfer from Pudong to Salvo in two weeks. Any advise would be great ! Thanks!

Rebecca

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer to Salvo Hotel from Pudong Airport

Hi Rebecca, loads of taxi's available at the airport, cost was a little more then the previous answers had suggested. It cost us approx 220 CY each way.

We had quite a few people offer to get us a taxi claiming to be official airport personnel, but the rates they were quoting were much higher. so we walked to the main taxi rank (well signposted) and picked one up.

Big tip. print out the hotels address details - on the website - it gives it in both Chinese and English, our drivers English was limited.

Have a great trip.

Steve

9. Re: Transfer to Salvo Hotel from Pudong Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, December 16, 2013