We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help -Shanghai Interantional Cruise Terminal to Maglev

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Need Help -Shanghai Interantional Cruise Terminal to Maglev

Our cruise ship, "Diamond Princess" will be visiting Shanghai China in April 2012. Would greatly appreciate instructions to be able to use the subway as close as possible to get from "Shanghai International Cruise Terminal" located 5km from Shanghai to the "Maglev train terminal" in Shanghai from the Diamond Princess cruise port. I understand the "Shanghai International Cruise Terminal" is located about 5km or 3 miles from Shanghai and it is where large cruise ships dock. Thank you.

1. Re: Need Help -Shanghai Interantional Cruise Terminal to Maglev

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:51 am, March 30, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help -Shanghai Interantional Cruise Terminal to Maglev

Thank you very much "SoBeSparky" for your help, we are looking forward to visiting Shanghai; I greatly appreciate your help. Best Regards, Sailorwoman

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Help -Shanghai Interantional Cruise Terminal to Maglev

BeSoSparky, Thank you again for your information and the exploreshanghai website. From it, I was able to learn the following additional directions.

From Shanghai "Wusong" Cruise Port- Take Taxi to “Shiguang Rd Station”—Take "Line 8" to “Peoples Square Station” and then - CHANGE TO "LINE 2" – continue to “Longyang Rd Station” and then find close by the "Maglev" high speed train.

Sailorwoman

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Help -Shanghai Interantional Cruise Terminal to Maglev

BeSoSparky,

Thank you again for your help. Today I received the following; thought you might be able to use it. Sailorwoman

Shanghai

Received from Contact Us info@amoytrip.com

Below is the route that you can reach Maglev train terminal from Wusongkou Cruise Terminal:

1. After you exit Cruise Terminal, take taxi along Baoyang Road to Baoyang Subway Station(宝杨站).

2.Take Subway Line 3 from Baoyang Station(宝杨站) to Zhongshan Park Station(中山公园站),then transfer to Line 2.

3.Take Subway Line 2 from Zhongshan Park Station(中山公园站) to Longyang Station(龙阳站)(Maglev Terminal)

4.From Longyang Station you can take the Maglev train to Pudong airport directly.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Help -Shanghai Interantional Cruise Terminal to Maglev

Good Evening So Be Sparky,

Thought you could help us. Have read many of your reviews that are excellent. This is our first trip to China, Our plans to take a 24 night cruise ship/land tour beginning in Singapore on April 15th are changing because of an over booked ship and a generous offer to reschedule a 24 day cruise or cruise/tour. We have a double entry China Visa.

We will be arriving in Singapore on April 10th and have free time until April 22nd when we are now planning from Shanghai a 12 day Viking Land tour of China.

We would greatly appreciate your suggestions on how to split up our time 12 days between Singapore and Shanghai.

The Viking tour ends in Beijing on May 3rd so we will have 7 additional nights in Beijing until we fly home on the afternoon of May 10, 2012.

Thank you very much

Sailorwoman

Edited: 10:01 pm, March 29, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
22,485 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Help -Shanghai Interantional Cruise Terminal to Maglev

May I ask why you want to go to the Maglev? The Maglev takes you to and from the Pudong airport. It does not sound like you'll be flying out of Shanghai.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Help -Shanghai Interantional Cruise Terminal to Maglev

So Be Sparky, Our confirmed cruise plans to take a 16 night cruise ship and 8 day /land tour beginning in Singapore on April 15th are changing; because of an over booked ship and a generous offer made to us by the cruise lines today, March 29th, to reschedule a 24 day cruise or cruise/tour for some time in the next two years.

So as I have learned recently that the time in Shanghai and Hong Kong are only about ten hours and ports are some distance from the city, and there is not enough time to see hardly anything in the cruise ports such as Shanghai. I thought this was an excellent opportunity to see a great deal more of China,and use our existing airplane tickets and China visa.

We have a double entry China Visa. We already had purchased our airline tickets months ago and are scheduled to arrive in Singapore on April 10th that are not able to be changed. So we are looking at what we can do with the time in Singapore and Shanghai China and possibly a 11 night Viking land tour/Yangtze River cruise from Shanghai beginning on April 22nd ending in Beijing on May 3rd and we will bestaying in Beijing until flying home on May 10th

Mentioned in this post
Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Help -Shanghai Interantional Cruise Terminal to Maglev

What are your interests and budget? Those are the top two determinants for an itinerary.

That said, I would skip the Viking land tour and do it yourself for about the same money or less, hiring your own private guides in Chengdu, Beijing and Shanghai as needed. (Most say they are not needed, but you might want a guide for one day in each for acclimation.)

First, what we know is that you can see far better China scenery with far better food and accommodations by avoiding the Yangtze boat ride and going to other more beautiful places, such as Lijiang (Yunnan), Jiuzhaigou (Sichuan), Zhangjiajie (Hunan) or Yangshuo (Guangxi ) among others. Since getting most places is easy from Shanghai, consider the whole country for your itinerary.

Without knowing more about your plans, interests, etc., I would suggest you fly from Singapore to Chengdu on Hainan Airlines (transferring in Hainan), a good and low cost carrier and see the pandas and various other places near Chengdu and fly up to Jiuzhaigou/Huanglong for three full days at these national parks. Then fly off to Beijing and from there to Shanghai. You will see the best scenery, historic China and modern China.

This will take 12 to 14 days in the minimum. If you have the time, I would plan for two days in Chengdu, one travel day, three days in Jiuzhaigou, one travel day to Beijing, five days in Bejing, bullet train to Shanghai, and four days in Shanghai, including a day at a watertown (such as Tongli) and a day at Suzhou. Of course, on those travel days you can explore the various cities depending on your exact schedule.

PS I removed my posted directions from Wusong Intl Cruise Terminal to Metro. Yours, of course, is correct. Another senior moment.

Mentioned in this post
9. Re: Need Help -Shanghai Interantional Cruise Terminal to Maglev

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, June 20, 2013