We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpackers Visa China 28 days

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Backpackers Visa China 28 days

Hi there, my girlfriend and I are from the UK & plan to travel to China throughout May, we will be in China for approx 28 Days. So far we have booked our flights to Shanghai. We plan to then go on to Beijing, Xi'an, Chengdu, Kunming, Yangshuo and finally to Hong Kong.

We are planning to mainly travel to each location by train but want to be flexible with our dates, we will be initially booking a couple of nights in Shanghai and Beijing.

We have read through the Chinese visa requirements but are a litte confused. Do we require proof of exit from China? (I assume this will be proof of exit i.e. a plane or train ticket?) Also do we need to book ALL of our accommodation or is just a few nights to begin with substantial for us to be issued a Visa?

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,080 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Backpackers Visa China 28 days

Hi,

In recent days there has been a lot of confusion over the issues you mention. My advice is to do a quick search on google for agents in London that deal with Chinese visas. Contact one of them since they will be in the best postion to give you the latest information.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,350 posts
820 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Backpackers Visa China 28 days

Proof of exit? If you mean, a return ticket then yes, sometimes they require this. From time to time they require you to have booked everything for your visa application. Just book some 5 stars hotels that you can cancel at no charge. You do not actually have to go anywhere that you say on your visa application once you get the visa.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Backpackers Visa China 28 days

Following this post I then called the visa agency only to be answered by a voice recording - So I then went to the Chinese visa agency visaforchina.org and began filling out a visa application to see the required fields. Using this form i found (in answer to my questions) that:

- Length of maximum stay is required.

- Addresses & phone numbers during your stay are required.

- Return flight details are not required.

Just to cover ourselves we will make sure we have travel & accomodation booked for the first couple of nights and travel out of the country.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,080 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Backpackers Visa China 28 days

The length of maximum stay is usually required but this won't be a problem since an ordinary, single entry tourist visa is good for 30 days. Even though you couldn't speak to someone at a visa agency I'm happy that your questions were eventually answered. Thanks for getting back and good luck with your planning.

Edited: 2:05 pm, February 27, 2012
Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Backpackers Visa China 28 days

Hi oceannomad,

I'm want to travel through China for 25 days this summer but I really don't want to book all my hotels in advance, only for the first 3 nights or so. Did you eventually manage to get the visa without booking any hotels?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,350 posts
820 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Backpackers Visa China 28 days

This thread is a year old. What happened to the OP last year is now irrelevant as rules or their application evolve. It also depends if you applying for your visa at the same place.

Seoul, Seoul, South...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Backpackers Visa China 28 days

Hello,

I have some questions about backpacking too.

My boyfriend and I are flying from Korea to China, then to Thailand and Malaysia. From there we are comming back to Seoul. Do I need to provide the airline tickets of all the itinerary??

Thank you so much!!

Ceci

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,350 posts
820 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Backpackers Visa China 28 days

Show your flight ticket to and out of China (the first 2 legs).

9. Re: Backpackers Visa China 28 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 17, 2014