We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speed train from Shanghai to Xian

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Speed train from Shanghai to Xian

We would like to take a trip from Shanghai to Xian to visit the Terracotta Warriors, and would just like to enquire about the best form of transportation. Is there a speed train between these two places? Or perhaps a speed train from Shanghai that gets us close to Xian?

I thought I read somewhere that this high speed train was opening sometime in 2012.

Belfast, United...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Speed train from Shanghai to Xian

Guess you have been to china and by now back home! Can I pick your brains and ask you what you discovered and what was the best way to go? I hope to travel there in a couple of weeks and would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Hope you enjoyed your trip.

Siobhan

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Speed train from Shanghai to Xian

The fastest way is by air. The budget way is by overnight train. It leaves Shanghai at 19:10 and arrive in Xi'an at 09:21 in the morning. By the way, you could save one night hotel accomodation.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,059 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Speed train from Shanghai to Xian

Both flying and taking the train are fine. There is no best way. It depends on you.

Avellaneda...
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Speed train from Shanghai to Xian

Hi, where I can get the fast train ticketShanghai to Xian, thanks.

Gery

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,059 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Speed train from Shanghai to Xian

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294212-d3…

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Speed train from Shanghai to Xian

Hi, may I know it takes how many minutes from the said train station to Pudong Airport (PGV)? Thanks.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,059 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Speed train from Shanghai to Xian

Which station? There are 3 in Shanghai. The furthest away is Hongqiao and that would be about 1.5 hours.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Speed train from Shanghai to Xian

I am referring the Train Z94 (Xian-Shanghai), but I am not sure about which station... Could u pls advise? Thanks =)

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Speed train from Shanghai to Xian

Shanghai main station, an hour and a quarter on the metro according to http://www.exploreshanghai.com/metro/

This is an old thread. Perhaps better to start a new thread for further inquiries. There are no especially fast trains between these cities. Consult http://www.cnvol.com for schedules and indicative prices.

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Speed train from Shanghai to Xian

That's Shanghai Train Station, directly to Xi'an Train Station. both all are in down town.