We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nexus Holidays

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Nexus Holidays

Thinking of booking a trip with this company to China can i have some feed back as i have never heard of them

195 replies to this topic
Sydney, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
51. Re: Nexus Holidays

Now you have been on your trip. how was it.Looknb at booking for Oct this year but now have my doubts.

Woy Woy
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
52. Re: Nexus Holidays

To many negatives, we have decided not to go with Nexus or any other, we are going the other way Honalulu & Anchorage. By by China

3 posts
Save Reply
53. Re: Nexus Holidays

Hi Janice, I live here in china and my wife's family own a large travel agency. I'd recommend buying your in country flights here once you arrive. Booking is never a problem and changes are easily made with little if any extra fees.

My brother is currently in Shanghai on a Nexus tour so I'm anxious to hear his evaluation. You'll often find the Chinese try to gauge you for extras and that the standard offered will be the minimum. But overall they are a very hospitable people and I'm sure if you are flexible that you'll have a great time.

Just dont get sucked into buying from the shops you are taken to. They do offer kickbacks to the operators which is why the tours are cheaper.

3 posts
Save Reply
54. Re: Nexus Holidays

Hi Janice, I live here in china and my wife's family own a large travel agency. I'd recommend buying your in country flights here once you arrive. Booking is never a problem and changes are easily made with little if any extra fees.

My brother is currently in Shanghai on a Nexus tour so I'm anxious to hear his evaluation. You'll often find the Chinese try to gauge you for extras and that the standard offered will be the minimum. But overall they are a very hospitable people and I'm sure if you are flexible that you'll have a great time.

Just dont get sucked into buying from the shops you are taken to. They do offer kickbacks to the operators which is why the tours are cheaper.

3 posts
Save Reply
55. Re: Nexus Holidays

Hi elko1,

Long story short as a foreigner you are expected to pay more. But, you are also expected to stay in better accommodations than locals would. As for legal, pfft! This is China, it's all 'legal'.

Just make sure that you get it in writing the quality of hotel you will be staying at and remember a five star hotel here is not the same as a five star in say Las Vegas...

Perth
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Nexus Holidays

Hi there. I got back from nexus holiday tour in kunming. It was a great deal 99 dollars for 7 days. But you get what you paid for in this tour! The food was barely edible. The tour guide was unhelpful and concerned about how much commission he gets and admitted to us that the more we spend at the outlets the more money he gets. I am not sure whether it's the right company but it sounds like it. It's a mandarin speaking tour but most of the travelers are from Australia,Canada or America.

The worst thing is they make you spend hours at their outlets to force you to buy something. We spend three hours at a jade shop! The reason why it's cheap is because the government subsidizes and also private companies so I guess the tour takes you to places which benefits the sponsors financially and deter you away from local outlets. Making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Reply
57. Re: Nexus Holidays

going on a 10 day Beijing/Shanghai tour throgh Nexus on Saturday (3/9-3/18). I will be taking all of the advice that has been given. My question is, how much cash $$ (US Dollars) should I bring?

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,532 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Nexus Holidays

None. In reverse, that is like asking how much Chinese RMB (yuan) should you take to the USA?

Remember the Chinese yuan is a stronger currency that the USD$. You convert your currency at any ATM in China. Go to China Forum Page and look to right column, Top Questions about China, first item, "money issues." It is all there. Do not buy yuan in USA or at airports. Take out of ATM only enough expense money for two days, so you are not left with a lot of yuan when you leave. First withdrawal could be 1,000 to 2,500 yuan to see how much you spend along the way.

Any place Nexus takes you to that accepts USD$ is almost guaranteed to be making a fine profit doing the exchange for you. In other words, they end up quoting a higher price in USD$ than in Chinese yuan.

If you do leave the country with excess yuan, it is usually a good investment as it will appreciate against the US dollar $. Of course, you can sell it back at the airport, but you must have a receipt from an ATM withdrawal to show how you got the money.

Launceston...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Nexus Holidays

Hi

I am going TO China with Nexus in June.. I am so looking forward to it, sounds like I should catch up on my rest now prior to going...

3 posts
Save Reply
60. Re: Nexus Holidays

Hi, my friend and I are thinking about Nexus to China. How did your brother go. We would live to know before we book.

Reply to: Nexus Holidays
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted